HELP !!!!

Old December 8th 03, 11:01 PM
Jay

Default HELP !!!!

just got myself a radeon 9700 and after playing max payne2 and Call of duty
my monitor will switch to stand-by but the PC WONT lock up as i can hear
game still running , and I'm forced to reboot machine. Any ideas?

I have a nice VGA cooler arriving tommorow if its a heat prob i'll post back
but until then any ideas? anyone else had this problem ??

please help a distraught NEW ati user, dont wont to put old Nvidia card back
in now

Old December 9th 03, 12:08 AM
Randy

What size is your power supply? I had some screen corruption and lock-ups
when I installed my ATI 9500 pro but when I replaced my old 325w PS with a
name brand 400w PS all is fine. Had to do the same on my sons computer with
the 9700 non-pro. Heat could also do that.

Randy

Old December 9th 03, 12:23 AM
Jay

psu is a sparkle 300w ,
gonna fit my vga ice cooler and then check it out thx for advice, hope it
aint psu, cos ive blown alot of cash on my pc this month

Old December 9th 03, 01:39 AM
Kirby Crosby

power supply is definitly questionable...
what are your other system specs?

Old December 9th 03, 02:44 AM
Jim

Use motherboard monitor to check the power supply. I have a Sparkle 350w in
my system and the supply is dead nuts on with very low drift or load
fluctuation.

Did you check for patches for the games ? I think there were issues with
Call of Duty.

Old December 9th 03, 06:09 AM
Jay

barton 2500 (10.5x200)
512 corsair pc3200
radeon 9700
sparkle 30psu
matrox 80gb diamond

le.rogers.com...

Old December 9th 03, 06:36 AM
Jim

Have you tried this ?

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4291.html

Old December 9th 03, 12:04 PM
Kirby Crosby

Well 300 watts i spretty light for your configuration, i wouldnt use less
than a 350 (the 9700 draws some real power). Lots of ram actually draws alot
as well.
Your current problem may not be related to the PSU but i would definitely
earmark it for the next thing that you upgrade.