OK then... ATI control panel question

Old June 26th 03, 01:44 AM
Carly

Default OK then... ATI control panel question

I'm running a Win 98 system and I'm trying to keep the installed apps to a
minimum to help keep the system running as smooth as possible. I'm about to
update to the new drivers and I was just wondering if there was any great
advantage to installing the ATI control panel along with the drivers. I
haven't installed it in the past, so I guess I'm not missing anything, but
should I run it as well? Or does it add extra features that will improve
performance?

Old June 26th 03, 07:18 PM
Adrian

Being an ATI video card owner myself, I don't see it's necessary, unless:

(a) You want to change the OpenGL, DirectX or AGP settings
(b) Want to change the color settings for your desktop
(c) Want to setup dual monitor mode

There's a little more than that, but on the whole, I think it's more for
gamers. Either way, I don't think it's a huge install (5 to 6MB?) if you
wanted to install it. For myself, I haven't changed anything in it for
months...

~ Adrian ~