SLOW! 3dfuzion GeF 6200 LE pci-e on new ASUS A8N5X mobo. help!

Old July 27th 06, 06:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kristi

Default SLOW! 3dfuzion GeF 6200 LE pci-e on new ASUS A8N5X mobo. help!

I expected that this would be a small step up from my GeF4 Ti4200 on my
Shuttle An35N mobo, but video-wise this is as slow as molasses!!!
Definitely slower than my old setup.

Mobo's fine, but how do I get that vid card to go faster?

tia!
Old July 27th 06, 12:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ron Overdrive

Kristi wrote:
I expected that this would be a small step up from my GeF4 Ti4200 on my
Shuttle An35N mobo, but video-wise this is as slow as molasses!!!
Definitely slower than my old setup.

Mobo's fine, but how do I get that vid card to go faster?

tia!

The only step up for the 6200 is from the integrated chipsets. Honestly
I would have spent the extra money for a 6600GT if you were planning on
doing a budget setup. You can try 3rd party drivers and overclocking,
but you probly will see very little gains. The 6200 is simply an
alternative to onboard and nothing more.
Old July 29th 06, 04:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kristi

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:48:05 +0000, Ron Overdrive wrote:

Kristi wrote:
I expected that this would be a small step up from my GeF4 Ti4200 on my
Shuttle An35N mobo, but video-wise this is as slow as molasses!!!
Definitely slower than my old setup.

Mobo's fine, but how do I get that vid card to go faster?

tia!

The only step up for the 6200 is from the integrated chipsets. Honestly
I would have spent the extra money for a 6600GT if you were planning on
doing a budget setup. You can try 3rd party drivers and overclocking,
but you probly will see very little gains. The 6200 is simply an
alternative to onboard and nothing more.

Thanks! So I have found! Just put in a regular 6600 today and it did
improve quite noticeably. I may well swap it for a 6600GT.
Thanks!
Kristi