ATi All-in-wonder 7500, Channel fine tuning

Old August 20th 03, 02:44 AM
Pierre Tremblay

Default ATi All-in-wonder 7500, Channel fine tuning

Hello everybody

I'm probaly not the first to ask, but any info will be great.

I have a ATI All-in-wonder 7500 and I have difficulty to reiceive about 3
channel (16,36,39).It look like the tunner is off center on those
channel, my TV set have no problem with those what so ever.

I try to find a manuel tuning but it seem there are none with the software
ATI provide.

So, does anybody know a way to correct this problem ?

Or does anybody know the name of the file ATi use as look-up
table for channel description and tuning and, also the structure
of this file ? Or maybe just where I can find this kind information ?

Thank for any Help

Pierre

P.S. Yes I try Ati, but forget about it, the costumer service is one of the
worst I have seen so far. Just try to Email them to see.....

Old August 20th 03, 03:11 AM
Barry Watzman

There is no fine tuning.

What version of the driver / MMC are you using?

There WAS a tuning problem in the early versions of the software, and
they took a long time to get it resolved. It wasn't until the fall of
2002 that these problems were completely addressed. If you are not
using late software, my guess would be that this is your problem.
Download the latest suite of software and drivers and install it. This
is quite a pain, there are a lot of pieces and it's a complex
installation (you need to get DirectX, the WDM drivers, Control panel,
the main driver, MMC and possibly DVD). It may be worth spending the
$20 that it costs to get a new install CD from ATI.

Old August 24th 03, 07:41 PM
Micron Millennia

I just got this card as an upgrade for my oldest computer. While it's not
as good as the AIW 8500DV it does give much better video than the previous
card. It sounds like those channels as off-phaze. This could be caused by
interference or a filter on the line.

shelbY