best value MB...?

Old May 18th 07, 09:23 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
ZR

Default best value MB...?

Time to build a better computer than my old one....

Woudl appreciate any recomendations for MB/CPU/and memroy.

My requirements:

1. Reliability
2. Cost
3. As many USB 2.0 (or better...?) as available
4. Highest speed processors but no overclocking
5. Best graphics processing on MB
6. Quiet operation of fans or any other cooling.
7. On MB Sound - but quality not very important.

Thanks for any and all inputs.

ZR

Old May 23rd 07, 10:53 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
DreamWeaver

ZR;718476 Wrote:
Time to build a better computer than my old one....

Woudl appreciate any recomendations for MB/CPU/and memroy.

My requirements:

1. Reliability
2. Cost
3. As many USB 2.0 (or better...?) as available
4. Highest speed processors but no overclocking
5. Best graphics processing on MB
6. Quiet operation of fans or any other cooling.
7. On MB Sound - but quality not very important.

Thanks for any and all inputs.

ZR

ok depending on your location, and your type of use, i could be more
spacific, but i'll try to be as much general as i can.

from your requirements, i assume that your not the type that will
install there own hardware, so you need a branded ready to use system
(am not a fan of those though), i would highly recommend a Dell
optiplex GX620, it comes with a 64 Intel of your choise, DDR2 , a
intell original mobo, and nice on board video and sound, cooling is
generaly passive with two main noisless fans, so you wont worry bout
nois, it'll cost you around 1000USD - 1300USD depending on your upgrads
and screen size and stuff...

--
DreamWeaver
Old May 26th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
ZR

On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:53:59 +0100, DreamWeaver
wrote:

ZR;718476 Wrote:
[...]

Well - I am the type that would do it myself. Built already 4 or 5
machines in teh past. But true I am not a "geek" of these....

I want to bulid a good machine and use it for the next 3-4 years.

Always used ABIT MBs/ Last one, the one I am using at the meonet to
wrote this is an NF7-M Mother Board. But that is alreday a few years
old.

So....?

Old May 26th 07, 04:00 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
DreamWeaver[_2_]

wrote:
-

ZR;718476 Wrote: -
[...]

i seconed on Abit MOBO's , i used 4, including the NF7-s, and they are
great.. however, abit are going outa shape this year, and ASUS and MSI
are taking the lead, although MSI is not my best of choise but the
reviews say it all, so if your going with an AMD, and have a good
budget, i'd say go for the X2 4600-5000 they are cheap, you can find
them on amazon, and use the Asus Main Station M2N32 MOBO, very nice,
and good for the price, if your a gamer, go with Corsair XMS2 2GB DDR2
800, and a nVidia 8800GTS 320mb graphics card, and you'll need a good
Power supply, like the OCZ extreme gamer edition 700Watts, if your not
a gamer, get OCZ value 1GB , and a nVidia 7900GTS , whith the
thermaltake 430 power supply.

if you want intel, go for the C2D E6400 LGA 775 , and the ASUS P5N32-E,
same Ram in both cases, and same graphics cards, with the PSU,

the case and stuff i leave to your tast of choise, these are high end
mobos, and you'll get good perormance and good quality...

hope that was helpfull..

--
DreamWeaver
Old May 27th 07, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Gary Avrett

If you are using Vista a motherboard with on board graphics does ok but with
Windows XP it will steal the memory that the graphics uses when running an
intensive program and cause intermittant hangups that require a reboot. This
happened on my daughters computer. After much research and trial and error I
finally figured out what was happening and got an external graphics card for
her. The reason it took me a little while to figure it out was because it
worked flawlessly for me with Windows Vista and then I got an Abit KN9 SLI
motherboard and put the Asus with onboard graphics chip in her computer with
Windows XP. Also, with XP I noticed at bootup to Windows XP desktop the
graphics on the Asus would blank out 2 or 3 times. Guess it was stealing the
memory that was supposed to be dedicated to the video at that time also.

"DreamWeaver" wrote in message
news

wrote:
-

Old May 27th 07, 05:44 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Gary Avrett

One last thing: I did may have not been clear on what memory the video uses.
It is the Ram memory on the Motherboard since the on board video doesn't
have memory of it's on.

t...

wrote:
-

Old May 30th 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
don't look[_2_]

"ZR" wrote in message
Time to build a better computer than my old one....

Woudl appreciate any recomendations for MB/CPU/and memroy.

My requirements:

1. Reliability
2. Cost
3. As many USB 2.0 (or better...?) as available
4. Highest speed processors but no overclocking
5. Best graphics processing on MB
6. Quiet operation of fans or any other cooling.
7. On MB Sound - but quality not very important.

Thanks for any and all inputs.

ZR

What's your preference?AMD or Intel? What will this PC be used for? Do you
think you'll play ANY 3D games in the next year or two?
What's your budget? Will you have time to fix problems that may take hours
or days to figure out?

Old June 1st 07, 01:28 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
hummingbird[_2_]

On Fri, 18 May 2007 16:23:44 -0400 'ZR'
posted this onto alt.comp.mainboards.abit:

Time to build a better computer than my old one....

Woudl appreciate any recomendations for MB/CPU/and memroy.

My requirements:

1. Reliability
2. Cost
3. As many USB 2.0 (or better...?) as available
4. Highest speed processors but no overclocking
5. Best graphics processing on MB
6. Quiet operation of fans or any other cooling.
7. On MB Sound - but quality not very important.

Thanks for any and all inputs.

ZR

I always use ABIT mobos.....and I don't overclock.

I'm putting together plans for my next PC build and I'll be using
an ABIT IL9-Pro plus 1GB Crucial memory and Intel Core2duo.

USB ports are not a problem - the mobo provides 8 (IIRC) and
you can always add a hub or so.

I'll probably use an ATI graphics card as usual.

Fans are not supplied on the mobo but on the case/cpu/graphics etc.
I always use Jeantech cases - not the choice of gamers & co but
excellent for normal users with lots of internal space and room for
fans etc.
Old June 1st 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
DreamWeaver[_6_]

'hummingbird[_2_ Wrote:
;722338']On Fri, 18 May 2007 16:23:44 -0400 'ZR'

I always use ABIT mobos.....and I don't overclock.

I'm putting together plans for my next PC build and I'll be using
an ABIT IL9-Pro plus 1GB Crucial memory and Intel Core2duo.

USB ports are not a problem - the mobo provides 8 (IIRC) and
you can always add a hub or so.

I'll probably use an ATI graphics card as usual.

Fans are not supplied on the mobo but on the case/cpu/graphics etc.
I always use Jeantech cases - not the choice of gamers & co but
excellent for normal users with lots of internal space and room for
fans etc.

this board is very nice, i am planning to get some of these for the
C2D's, i'ev always used ABIT, and they are very solid baords never, not
even once that i have faced any kind of problem with ABIT mobos, nor
graphics cards, i encourage you to buy that board, its very good for
its price, the ram is very nice, and todays intels seem to have the
upper hand,
so that preety much is your best choise, however a good graphics card
would be the ATI 1300 pci-e, its cheap, does the job, you wanna game a
little, you wanna go photoshop a littel its gona do the job good, its
not a high end,so dont expect high details and high frame rates, but
its a good mid-rang cards, i had 50 of these and they went out in less
then a month!!

you wont have to worry that much on cooling, the C2D runs cooler the
the previous Pentuim D, and the card i mentioned is not that hot, so
you wont need a high-end cooling case, a standered one fan in, one fan
out case would be just fine!!

good luck!!

--
DreamWeaver
Old June 3rd 07, 08:39 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit
hummingbird[_2_]

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 14:40:02 +0100 'DreamWeaver'

'hummingbird[_2_ Wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that info DreamWeaver. It's good to get opinions on stuff
before buying.
I will take a look at the ATI graphics card you mention because that's
one area where I always have a problem deciding on and I usually end
up buying one that it OTT for my purposes.

you wont have to worry that much on cooling, the C2D runs cooler the
the previous Pentuim D, and the card i mentioned is not that hot, so
you wont need a high-end cooling case, a standered one fan in, one fan
out case would be just fine!!

Yeah, the lower temps of C2D is a major reason why I intend to use one
this time round. I have been plagued with high temps on P4s for ages.
Hopefully that will soon be history.