What is a new good monitor to get these days?

Old December 26th 14, 05:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.built,alt.comp.hardware.homebuild,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Ant[_3_]

Default What is a new good monitor to get these days?

Hi again.

I noticed some current sales that might be good the day after Christmas
2014 on
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?nrp=15&cp=1&seeAll=Features&id=pcat 17071&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Global&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&typ e=page&iht=n&browsedCategory=pcmcat143700050048&st =pcmcat143700050048_categoryid%24abcat0509000&qp=c ondition_facet%3DCondition~New^monitorscreensizera nge_facet%3DScreen%20Size~21%22%20-%2022.9%22^monitorscreensizerange_facet%3DScreen%2 0Size~23%22%20-%2024.9%22^currentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Offers~ On%20Sale^features_facet%3DFeatures~Tiltable^featu res_facet%3DFeatures~Adjustable%20Stand%20Height
OR http://preview.tinyurl.com/naaom67 ... What do you think about those?
Some of them have high response times though.

FYI:
My old 19" 5:4 Samsung SyncMaster 931BF monitor seems to be dying, so it
is time for me to find and buy a new bigger and better monitor. Here is
what I am looking for:

-25" horizontal width max(imum)
-22" vertical height max(imum)
-Need to be able easily to rotate/move monitor due to the annoying sun
shining on to it since window blinds don't help. Glossy screens might be
problematic?
-Limited desk space due to bookshelves and stuff.
-Adjustable height and tiltable.
-Still need VGA (still use it 99% of the times with my Beklin KVM from
Y2K) and DVI ports for very old computer setups (Linux, Windows, and
Mac). Still using old ATI Radeon 4870 and GeForce 8800 GT video cards
(512 MB of VRAM).
-8-bit colors (16.7 million colors)
-Extra features not needed unless they are included for free: touch
screen, built in speakers, 4K, screen rotation, etc.
-Do a lot of Internet, watching videos, some gaming (action/FPS too so
fast speeds are required; 5? ms response times?), basic graphic work, etc.
-$300 including taxes, etc.

I want to see the new monitor in person with local retail stores like
Costco, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, etc. before buying to be sure I
like it.

Thank you in advance.
--
"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways and be wise: which
having no guide, overseer or ruler, provideth her meat in the summer and