"WARNING: EES is turned off !!" Gigabyte MA790X-UD4

Old March 11th 09, 09:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Johnny B Jesus[_2_]

Default "WARNING: EES is turned off !!" Gigabyte MA790X-UD4

Gigabyte MA790X-UD4 and Athlon Phenom II, Windows XP Pro 64 bit.

I built the system last night, everything went well, no problems during
assembly, it booted right up and I installed the OS. This morning I
installed various software programs, went online, all was working well. It
wouldn't boot up again after I hit "restart".

I get this message:

"WARNING: EES is turned off !! Please use EES application to turn it on
again. Press any key to continue'"

Nothing happens when I press a key. I cleared CMOS, loaded fail-safe
defaults in BIOS, that didn't help. I took out the RAM and reinstalled it
as per Gigabyte tech support suggestion, it didn't help. The same error
message appeared without any drives attached, after I disconnected the hard
drive and dvd drive.

Here are the components:

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

SPARKLE SFPX95GT1024U2H GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI
Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black
Edition Processor Model

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-550HT 550W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI
Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply -

LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD5000AAKS

Windows XP Professional 64 bit

-

--
+

Johnny Asia, Guitarist from the Future

http://johnnyasia.com

-

Old March 11th 09, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Johnny B Jesus[_2_]

I found EES:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...lity_List.aspx

Easy Energy Saver

(Note) Support Intel GA-G31M-ES2L, GA-G31M-ES2C, GA-P31-ES3G, GA-P43-ES3G
and AMD Ultra Durable 3 series motherboards.
(Note) Please update to the latest BIOS version.
(Note) Before running the installation of EES, please make sure you have
installed ET6, instead of ET5 (Pro) previously utility.

O.S. : Windows® XP ,Windows® XP 64bit ,Windows Vista x86 (32-bit) ,Windows
Vista x64 (64-bit)

I must have installed EES from the Gigabyte CD ?