Need power supply min. requirement for rad.7500

Old March 21st 06, 01:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Need power supply min. requirement for rad.7500

Hello all,

I need the minimum requirement for the ati radeon 7500 (QW model, i.e. the
small one i think, not a mobile one) on AGP. It's to try to fix a problem
in a computer i cannot locate but wich seems to have appeared right after
the plug-ins of that card (on an old Abit BX6 mobo).

I know that "somewhere" in the depth of the cave of the ati site there is
such information but i've been unable to find it since friday !

Is someone from here can help me out ?

The current P.S. is 250w (ATX of course).

Old March 21st 06, 02:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Le Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:24:03 +0000, Ted F a écrit*:

Best to have a PS at least 400W or above, with 2 (Dual) or 3 fans.

400W ?!

Ok, so, do you know where i can get those basics requirements that way
i'll be able to know exactly how much amp. i need in +12V, etc... ?

I don't want to buy an hyper high PSU for nothing.

Old March 21st 06, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Very old card
I would think 250watt is more than enough
Smiffy

Old March 21st 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Ted F wrote:

Best to have a PS at least 400W or above, with 2 (Dual) or 3 fans.

For a _RADEON_ 7500? I think you are confusing ATI and nvidia. A Radeon
7500 is about 6 generations old and by modern standards has minuscule power
consumption.

A decent 250 watt power supply should be plenty for it unless there's
something the OP is not telling us.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old March 21st 06, 07:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Le Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:01:04 -0500, J. Clarke a écrit*:

Ted F wrote:

Best to have a PS at least 400W or above, with 2 (Dual) or 3 fans.

For a _RADEON_ 7500? I think you are confusing ATI and nvidia. A Radeon
7500 is about 6 generations old and by modern standards has minuscule power
consumption.

A decent 250 watt power supply should be plenty for it unless there's
something the OP is not telling us.

Nothing special here. I just have 2 HDD SCSI (IBM 4.5 & 9 GB), a DC390U2W
card, a SCSI CDROM. USB mouse. PS2 keyboard. Celeron400. All 4 ram bank
are used up (327MB)... And it works perfectly with an old UTNT2 but when i
plug in the radeon 7500 it goes on reboot after reboot by itself,
sometimes after several seconds, sometimes it doesnt't even bypass the
complete bios check.

Old March 21st 06, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Ted F wrote:

Best to have a PS at least 400W or above, with 2 (Dual) or 3 fans.

For a _RADEON_ 7500? I think you are confusing ATI and nvidia. A
Radeon 7500 is about 6 generations old and by modern standards has
minuscule power consumption.

A decent 250 watt power supply should be plenty for it unless there's
something the OP is not telling us.

Nothing special here. I just have 2 HDD SCSI (IBM 4.5 & 9 GB), a
DC390U2W card, a SCSI CDROM. USB mouse. PS2 keyboard. Celeron400. All
4 ram bank are used up (327MB)... And it works perfectly with an old
UTNT2 but when i plug in the radeon 7500 it goes on reboot after
reboot by itself, sometimes after several seconds, sometimes it
doesnt't even bypass the complete bios check.

I would then doubt that 250W ratting. Get an Antec 300W and you will be
fine.

Old March 22nd 06, 04:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

I think that ATI may not list the PSU requirements because they don't amount
to much. According to:

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

the card needs less than 30W.

Assuming that all the hardware is actually working, all that I can suggest
is to make sure that all of the nVidia driver components are gone before
you install the Radeon. Driver Cleaner (http://www.drivercleaner.net/ )
might help.

Old March 22nd 06, 12:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Ted F wrote:

Best to have a PS at least 400W or above, with 2 (Dual) or 3 fans.

For a _RADEON_ 7500? I think you are confusing ATI and nvidia. A Radeon
7500 is about 6 generations old and by modern standards has minuscule
power
consumption.

A decent 250 watt power supply should be plenty for it unless there's
something the OP is not telling us.

Nothing special here. I just have 2 HDD SCSI (IBM 4.5 & 9 GB), a DC390U2W
card, a SCSI CDROM. USB mouse. PS2 keyboard. Celeron400. All 4 ram bank
are used up (327MB)... And it works perfectly with an old UTNT2 but when i
plug in the radeon 7500 it goes on reboot after reboot by itself,
sometimes after several seconds, sometimes it doesnt't even bypass the
complete bios check.

There is a good chance you bumped a ram card while installing the video
card. My bh6 is touchy that way and the fix is to reinstall the ram. I
suggest before you change any hardware that you remove the ram and then
reinstall one stick. If it works, reinstall the rest of the ram.

power supply damaged even with ups ??????????? Vanguard General 1 January 1st 06 02:09 AM
Power supply, but no power??? U. Cortez General Hardware 27 September 2nd 05 12:31 AM
Power Supply a2o General 5 March 4th 05 07:10 PM
Maxtor 120 GB HD clicks constantly on Intel CA810EAL system when all by itself Rod Speed Storage (alternative) 1 April 5th 04 07:24 PM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM