Case fan question

Old November 3rd 06, 01:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Case fan question

I have a new case. It has a small fan in the front to draw in aid.
Larger 120mm fan in back to blow out air. 610watt PSU has a fan in it
of course.

Adding CPU fan. Have Zalman but do not like it and am trying one with a
large block type heat sink and fan on the side-awaiting delivery.
Running E6600 CPU and a low end Nvidia Geforce 6600 graphics card.

*****There is a spot for a fan on the side of the desktop unit.

A. Should that fan blow air into the case?
OR
B. should the side fan suck air out of the case.

I assume the fan should blow air into the case...

Thanks very much
Patty

Old November 3rd 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a new case. It has a small fan in the front to draw in aid.
Larger 120mm fan in back to blow out air. 610watt PSU has a fan in it
of course.

Adding CPU fan. Have Zalman but do not like it and am trying one with a
large block type heat sink and fan on the side-awaiting delivery.
Running E6600 CPU and a low end Nvidia Geforce 6600 graphics card.

*****There is a spot for a fan on the side of the desktop unit.

A. Should that fan blow air into the case?
OR
B. should the side fan suck air out of the case.

side fan grills are usually for the CPU fan to suck air and push it unto the
HS. Some are coned to direct air more efficiently.

Old November 3rd 06, 03:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Thank you both.
The side was coned and had no fan. I took the cone off since it would
interfere with the heatsink I will put on tomorrow. So I added a fan
from another case.

Thanks so much again.
Patty
JAD wrote:
ups.com...

Old November 3rd 06, 03:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you both.
The side was coned and had no fan. I took the cone off since it would
interfere with the heatsink I will put on tomorrow. So I added a fan
from another case.

maybe better to modify the cone to work as long as the new fan is a 'pusher'

Thanks so much again.
Patty
JAD wrote:
ups.com...