Dell 930S Screen aspect ratio?

Old December 30th 13, 08:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jeff Wisnia

Default Dell 930S Screen aspect ratio?

After reinstalling WindowsXP into my virus ravaged 930S and getting
almost everything I need running fine again I noticed that the aspect
ratio of the screen display is a little off and things look stretched
horizontally a bit.

I can live with it if I have to, but it wasn't that way before.

I haven't changed my monitor or its settings and haven't yet found a way
of readjusting the aspect ration so round objects look round again and
not squashed down a little.

Help please guys?

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Old December 31st 13, 06:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

On Monday, December 30, 2013 3:32:51 PM UTC-5, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
After reinstalling WindowsXP into my virus ravaged 930S and getting

almost everything I need running fine again I noticed that the aspect

ratio of the screen display is a little off and things look stretched

horizontally a bit.

I can live with it if I have to, but it wasn't that way before.

I haven't changed my monitor or its settings and haven't yet found a way

of readjusting the aspect ration so round objects look round again and

not squashed down a little.

Help please guys?

Thanks,

Jeff

--

Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Now download and install the motherboard chipset drivers and the video drivers. Install chipset drivers, then reboot. Install video drivers, then reboot. That should fix the problem... Ben Myers
Old December 31st 13, 06:21 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:20:05 AM UTC-5, Ben Myers wrote:
[...]

Um, download the drivers from the Dell web site, of course. Happy New Year! ... Ben
Old December 31st 13, 06:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jeff Wisnia

Ben Myers wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I'll try that next year. G

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Old January 4th 14, 04:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jeff Wisnia

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Ben Myers wrote:
[...]

Yup, that did it. The driver which was installed had aspect ratios of
1.333/1 or 1.25/1 for the various resolutions. My monitor screen is
17.5" wide by 10" high, a ratio of 1.75/1.

I found the correct driver through the Dell website and after installing
it the resolution I chose gave me an aspect ratio of 1.666/1, close
enough for gummint work.

Thanx,

Jeff

--