Need Driver for Wireless Card

Old December 29th 13, 12:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jeff Wisnia

Default Need Driver for Wireless Card

I've got an Inspiron 530S with a wireless card in it which attaches
through a plugged in cable to a round antenna.

I picked up a terrible virus last week and had to reinstall Windows XP
in the computer, which made a lot of drivers disappear.

The little wireless card in the Dell has a label on it with
"DP/N 0MX846" on it.

Can someone please point me to where I can find the correct driver for
this card? I've looked through the Dell website and tried a couple I
downloaded from there, but they didn't work.

Thanks Guys,

Jeff
Old December 29th 13, 04:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

On Saturday, December 28, 2013 7:27:13 PM UTC-5, Jeff Wisnia wrote:
I've got an Inspiron 530S with a wireless card in it which attaches

through a plugged in cable to a round antenna.

I picked up a terrible virus last week and had to reinstall Windows XP

in the computer, which made a lot of drivers disappear.

The little wireless card in the Dell has a label on it with

"DP/N 0MX846" on it.

Can someone please point me to where I can find the correct driver for

this card? I've looked through the Dell website and tried a couple I

downloaded from there, but they didn't work.

Thanks Guys,

Jeff

Jeff,

Here is some info about the card. It is a Dell DW1505 wifi card with Broadcom chip. For more info, use this link on the Dell community web site.

http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19247401.aspx

This link does not tell which versions of Windows are supported. You are running XP, Vista, 7 or (I hope not) 8?

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/...driverid=D7HGJ

Dell began shipping wifi cards as an option in desktop/tower computers beginning with Vista, more or less... Ben Myers
Old December 30th 13, 07:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jeff Wisnia

Ben Myers wrote:
[...]

Many Thanks Ben!

With those links I was able to find the correct driver and the Dell
Wireless is back in business again!

Jeff