Media ID byte

Old May 4th 07, 10:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
newbie[_2_]

Default Media ID byte

Hi,

Anybody know the location of the Media-ID byte on a CF and SD card?
And what bit to toggle from 'Removable Disk' to 'Fixed Disk'?
I need to partition those cards and Windows refuses to do so cause
it's a 'Removable Disk'!

Thanks.
victor
Old May 4th 07, 01:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
meerkat

"newbie" wrote in message
Hi,

Anybody know the location of the Media-ID byte on a CF and SD card?
And what bit to toggle from 'Removable Disk' to 'Fixed Disk'?
I need to partition those cards and Windows refuses to do so cause
it's a 'Removable Disk'!

Hi victor, I typed `SD card structure` into
www.google.com , and it came up with..

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/O...IO_specsv1.pdf

Old May 4th 07, 02:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
newbie[_2_]

Thanks for the tip!

(can't find the answer .... unfortunately).
victor.

On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:44:07 GMT, "meerkat" wrote:

.. .

Old May 4th 07, 02:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
meerkat

"newbie" wrote in message
news
Thanks for the tip!

(can't find the answer .... unfortunately).
victor.

On Fri, 04 May 2007 12:44:07 GMT, "meerkat" wrote:

"newbie" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

Anybody know the location of the Media-ID byte on a CF and SD card?
And what bit to toggle from 'Removable Disk' to 'Fixed Disk'?
I need to partition those cards and Windows refuses to do so cause
it's a 'Removable Disk'!

Hi victor, I typed `SD card structure` into
www.google.com , and it came up with..

http://www.sandisk.com/Assets/File/O...IO_specsv1.pdf

Do what i did V.
Type `SD card structure` into google.
there were a lot more bits in there, but I didn`t bother
to check them out.