McAfee Virtual Technician

Old March 15th 10, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Steve Giannoni

Default McAfee Virtual Technician

McAfee installed on a Pentium IV running Windows XP. MVT will not
start and gives the following message :

MVT cannot continue until you have rebooted your PC to finish your
McAfee Virtual Technician product upgrade. MVT will resume after you
reboot your system.

McAfee technical support simply states that it's a problem with the
MVT and that product updates may correct the problem. How do I get
such updates or otherwise deal with this?

Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks.
Old March 15th 10, 10:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Steve Giannoni wrote:
McAfee installed on a Pentium IV running Windows XP. MVT will not
start and gives the following message :

MVT cannot continue until you have rebooted your PC to finish your
McAfee Virtual Technician product upgrade. MVT will resume after you
reboot your system.

McAfee technical support simply states that it's a problem with the
MVT and that product updates may correct the problem. How do I get
such updates or otherwise deal with this?

Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks.

I'd steer clear of McAfee entirely

Old March 15th 10, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Steve Giannoni wrote:

McAfee installed on a Pentium IV running Windows XP. MVT will not
start and gives the following message :

MVT cannot continue until you have rebooted your PC to finish your
McAfee Virtual Technician product upgrade. MVT will resume after you
reboot your system.

McAfee technical support simply states that it's a problem with the
MVT and that product updates may correct the problem. How do I get
such updates or otherwise deal with this?

Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks.

Seems it would incumbent upon McAfee to detect what version was currently
installed, if any, and if an old version then offer to install a newer
version.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Going to that page should do the detection and offer a newer version. If
they don't have that check incorporated into their web page then they
provide no easy means for their customers to obtain a newer version. That
means they only provide the harder means of contacting them and getting the
new version from them directly. So if the web page doesn't offer a newer
version, go hassle McAfee to give it to you.

You could just go do a Google search on their product:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bmc...+technician%22

One search result is to:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/enterprise/...ree_tools.html

That provides an autoupdate that supposedly checks you have the latest
version.
Old March 16th 10, 01:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:07:38 -0400, Steve Giannoni
wrote:

McAfee installed on a Pentium IV running Windows XP. MVT will not
start and gives the following message :

MVT cannot continue until you have rebooted your PC to finish your
McAfee Virtual Technician product upgrade. MVT will resume after you
reboot your system.

McAfee technical support simply states that it's a problem with the
MVT and that product updates may correct the problem. How do I get
such updates or otherwise deal with this?

Any help, greatly appreciated & thanks.

I don't mean to be an ass and maybe this question is good
for a laugh... Did you reboot your PC as instructed?