6800 Ultra - how long is it?

Old August 18th 04, 07:42 PM
Richard Dower

Default 6800 Ultra - how long is it?

I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to a 6800
Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra compared to the
5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

Old August 18th 04, 09:06 PM
Bob Perez

"Richard Dower" wrote in message
I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to a

6800
Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra compared to the
5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus branded
9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

--
Bob Perez

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they
quit playing."
- Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Old August 18th 04, 10:30 PM
Danny

Bob Perez wrote:
"Richard Dower" wrote in message
I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
compared to the 5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Old August 18th 04, 10:30 PM
Danny

Richard Dower wrote:
I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon to
a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
compared to the 5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

As far as I remember, the length is exactly the same. But I might be wrong.

Old August 19th 04, 12:04 AM
RaceFace

"Danny" wrote in message
Bob Perez wrote:
"Richard Dower" wrote in message
I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
compared to the 5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

Yeah, and he told him his 6800 Ultra is 7.75" long. What's your point?

Old August 19th 04, 12:09 AM
Les

Danny wrote:

Bob Perez wrote:

"Richard Dower" wrote in message

I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
compared to the 5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

Well, he told him how long the card is, we haven't all owned a FX5700U
before upgrading, sheesh get a grip man.

--
Les
AMD64 3200+
Old August 19th 04, 12:26 AM
Danny

RaceFace wrote:
In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

Yeah, and he told him his 6800 Ultra is 7.75" long. What's your
point?

How much longer is the 6800 Ultra to the 5700 Ultra! That's what he's
asking.

Old August 19th 04, 12:28 AM
Danny

Les wrote:
Danny wrote:

Bob Perez wrote:

"Richard Dower" wrote in message

I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
compared to the 5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

Well, he told him how long the card is, we haven't all owned a FX5700U
before upgrading,

In which case such people can't help.

sheesh get a grip man.

I am - useless help is worse than no response.

Old August 19th 04, 02:32 AM
JBM

"Danny" wrote in message
Les wrote:
Danny wrote:

Bob Perez wrote:

"Richard Dower" wrote in message

I currently have an FX5700 Ultra in my PC and plan to upgrade soon
to a 6800 Ultra. My question is...how much longer is the 6800 Ultra
compared to the 5700 Ultra?

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

Well, he told him how long the card is, we haven't all owned a FX5700U
before upgrading,

In which case such people can't help.

sheesh get a grip man.

I am - useless help is worse than no response.

--
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

If he's told how long a 6800 card is I bet he can figure out the
difference himself.

Jim M

Old August 19th 04, 03:16 AM
deimos

Danny wrote:

RaceFace wrote:

In terms of the length of the card, it's dimensions etc.

My 6800 Ultra measures 7.75" long, a little shorter than the Asus
branded 9800XT it replaced. Standard 4" height.

The guy's asking about an FX, not a 9800.

Yeah, and he told him his 6800 Ultra is 7.75" long. What's your
point?

How much longer is the 6800 Ultra to the 5700 Ultra! That's what he's
asking.

OMG DENSE DENSE DENSE!!!!

He just gave him the measurement of the new card.

He has a 5700 now.

One would assume he has a fricking tape measure and can measure his own
card!!!