WTD: laptop

Old December 12th 03, 05:12 PM
f u z

Default WTD: laptop

Hi,

Anyone know of good deals for laptops (new). Not looking for anything
flashy, just something that will enable me to use word processing and access
the Internet. I'm willing to pay from £500 to £800, but the cheaper the
better.

Thanks

fuzzy

Old December 13th 03, 12:36 PM
Niles

"f u z" wrote:

|Anyone know of good deals for laptops (new). Not looking for anything
|flashy, just something that will enable me to use word processing and access
|the Internet. I'm willing to pay from £500 to £800, but the cheaper the
|better.

http://www.rdc-shop.co.uk/

Use their 'End of line' shop.

Niles, Nottingham |
outpages.com/nilex | Evil sitcom proves the Devil makes
ICQ 12724766 | work for Ardal O'Hanlan
www.niles.org.uk |
Old December 13th 03, 02:09 PM
Paul Hopwood

"f u z" wrote:

Anyone know of good deals for laptops (new). Not looking for anything
flashy, just something that will enable me to use word processing and access
the Internet. I'm willing to pay from £500 to £800, but the cheaper the
better.

Try Dell outlet. They sell Dell laptops which for one reason or
another they can't sell through their usual channels, with the same
level of support, at significant discounts.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 15th 03, 02:19 PM
James Perrett

Niles wrote:

"f u z" wrote:

|Anyone know of good deals for laptops (new). Not looking for anything
|flashy, just something that will enable me to use word processing and access
|the Internet. I'm willing to pay from £500 to £800, but the cheaper the
|better.

http://www.rdc-shop.co.uk/

Use their 'End of line' shop.

They're obviously buying the Compaqs from another trade supplier often
recommended here.

I've been looking for a cheap laptop and noticed that Electronequip in
Portsmouth have a selection of reasonable used ones for around 300 quid.

Cheers.

James.
Old December 15th 03, 04:24 PM
Craig Rider

http://www.rdc-shop.co.uk/

Use their 'End of line' shop.

Wouldn't recommend them at all. For 800 the OP could get a brand new
laptop.

Old December 15th 03, 04:40 PM
Bagpuss

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:19:50 +0000, James Perrett
wrote:

Niles wrote:

"f u z" wrote:

|Anyone know of good deals for laptops (new). Not looking for anything
|flashy, just something that will enable me to use word processing and access
|the Internet. I'm willing to pay from £500 to £800, but the cheaper the
|better.

http://www.rdc-shop.co.uk/

Use their 'End of line' shop.

They're obviously buying the Compaqs from another trade supplier often
recommended here.

Not only are they a bit expensive. but that woman on the logo looks a
bit disgruntled.

A S-Video connection fried both my laptop and TV! Help needed! [email protected] General 2 March 2nd 05 06:31 PM
Gaming Laptop Quaoar Homebuilt PC's 0 July 20th 04 03:06 PM
HD boots from desktop but "Invalid System Disk" error on laptop? Anonymous Jack General Hardware 1 November 24th 03 01:43 PM
laptop xedos Homebuilt PC's 1 July 12th 03 09:38 PM
laptop xedos Homebuilt PC's 0 July 12th 03 05:11 PM