Ebuyer Opinion

Old September 25th 03, 05:19 PM
SLP

Default Ebuyer Opinion

I started using Ebuyer a few months ago - ironically, I first checked them
out after reading all the complaints about them in this NG. My dozen or so
orders have all been delivered correctly and on time with no issues
whatsoever.

Yesterday, however, I had my first chance to find out what their notoriously
bad customer service was like. I'd ordered about six different items, mainly
cables, total £35. But one of the cables was missing (a crossover cable,
which typically was the one I needed most urgently). It was included on the
packing note, so it was definitely missing and not just arriving in a
different shipment - as Ebuyer's deliveries sometimes do.

Now, the cable was only actually worth £1, but I wanted to see just how
Ebuyer would handle it and if they would live up to their bad reputation. So
I raised an Enote yesterday afternoon and expected a long wait for a reply.

At 07:49 this morning I received the reply, apologising for the mistake and
informing that me a replacement cable was going to be sent out ASAP. I then
received an email at 13:00 saying that the cable had been dispatched.

So, is this an isolated case of good service (maybe because it was only a £1
cable) or have Ebuyer improved over the last few months?

SLP

Old September 25th 03, 05:39 PM
Mike

"SLP" wrote in message
[...]

No its not an isolated incident and i can't understand why people like you
are so daft to think it is.

Old September 25th 03, 05:53 PM
Tony Sutton

"SLP" wrote in message

So, is this an isolated case of good service (maybe because it was only a

£1
cable) or have Ebuyer improved over the last few months?

They don't care how much it is worth. The fact is, they made the mistake and
they sent it to you. Sorted.

So I'd say they have improved.

--

- Tony Sutton
- http://www.hyperboard.co.uk - The Biggest Message Board!

Old September 25th 03, 05:53 PM
SLP

"Mike" wrote in message

No its not an isolated incident and i can't understand why people like you
are so daft to think it is.

If you can't understand, then try reading my post again. Reading out loud
can sometimes helps if you're having difficulties.

As I'm fairly new to using Ebuyer, all I'm asking is if they've improved
recently, because my experience with them contradicts so many complaints
I've heard.

SLP

Old September 25th 03, 05:57 PM
garyfromnotts

[...]

I found E-buyer the same way good old ebuyerdotcon must have done wonders
for their sales, I have placed over 100 orders since with very few problems,
the odd delivery arrives late, for which they always refund carriage now and
then a missing item, always replaced without fuss.

A couple of weeks ago they changed the deliveries, no next day available, I
called expecting hours on hold, spoke to a lady inside 2 minutes who
apologised and explained that it was due to the amount of sales and only a
temporary measure while they trained new staff, having explained that I was
desperate for part of the order she arranged a next day delivery at no extra
cost.

Even the RMAs are being sorted faster, by last batch of returns, probably
about 15 items in total were all sorted and refunded within 3 days.

I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Old September 25th 03, 06:18 PM
SLP

"garyfromnotts" wrote in message

[...]

That's really what I wanted to know. I've been wary about recommending
Ebuyer to friends and customers, etc. because of all the horror stories I've
heard regarding their after-sales service, but now I'll be a lot happier to
use and recommend them.

SLP

Old September 25th 03, 06:50 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"SLP" wrote in message

So, is this an isolated case of good service (maybe because it was only a

£1
cable) or have Ebuyer improved over the last few months?

SLP

Ebuyer have always been fine in all respects with me.

Orders usually 100% OK
Errors corrected very quickly
RMA's dealt with with minimum fuss

In all the complaints I read about on here I would guess 50% were valid, 50%
full of **** or customer's own fault.

Given the number of complaints posted here that were genuine ebuyer faults,
I'd say they were actually doing pretty well.

The other thing was, that most complainers posted their message and
disappeared completely, forgetting to report when their problems were
resolved by ebuyer.

I'd recommend ebuyer to anybody.
g.

Old September 25th 03, 06:53 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"Fat Freddy's Cat" wrote in message

also,

since the demise of the ebuyer protest site, the complaints have dried up to
virtually nothing.

g.

Old September 25th 03, 06:56 PM
Colin Wilson

I've been wary about recommending Ebuyer to friends and customers, etc.
because of all the horror stories I've heard regarding their after-sales
service, but now I'll be a lot happier to use and recommend them.

I had an order in the region of =A3220 delivered yesterday bang on cue, all=
=20
present and correct. Haven`t had chance to build it yet to check it all=20
works, but at least it was all there :-}

--=20
Old September 25th 03, 07:04 PM
Me

"garyfromnotts" wrote in message
I found E-buyer the same way good old ebuyerdotcon must have done wonders
for their sales,

Exactly what I said would happen at the time, but no-one seemed to believe
me!