NIC installation problem

Old June 24th 03, 11:49 PM
Maureen

Default NIC installation problem

Hi

I've installed a 3 Com 3C509B-COMBO isa card in a friends pc running Win
98SE. She is hoping to connect to broadband using a cable modem, will this
card do the job?

Although I'm fairly sure I have installed the correct drivers (I got them
from the 3 COM site), it is showing as having a problem in the Device
Manager.

There is a problem reference in the properties 'ROOT\*PNP80f7\0000' and a
suggestion of updating the driver (which doesn't seem to work) or changing
the resources. How do I change the resources?

Any help appreciated!

TIA

Maureen

Old June 25th 03, 02:22 AM
kony

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:49:54 +0100, "Maureen"
wrote:

Hi

I've installed a 3 Com 3C509B-COMBO isa card in a friends pc running Win
98SE. She is hoping to connect to broadband using a cable modem, will this
card do the job?

Although I'm fairly sure I have installed the correct drivers (I got them
from the 3 COM site), it is showing as having a problem in the Device
Manager.

There is a problem reference in the properties 'ROOT\*PNP80f7\0000' and a
suggestion of updating the driver (which doesn't seem to work) or changing
the resources. How do I change the resources?

Any help appreciated!

TIA

Maureen

The driver downloaded from 3Com's site should have a few text help
files that will aid in configuration. One option may be the
configuration utility that can change the card's configuration in DOS.
On the Etherdisk v6 driver I have here, the utility is on the second
disk, named "3C5X9CFG.EXE".

Dave