Worth upgrading from a Geforce FX 5200 to a Radeon 9500pro?

Old July 15th 03, 11:50 PM
Ryan

Default Worth upgrading from a Geforce FX 5200 to a Radeon 9500pro?

the 9600 pro has replaced the 9500 pro correct? I just got an FX 5200 Ultra
and i'm wondering if a 9600 pro would be a better card...?
P4 1.5 Ghz 100 Mhz FSB
256 MB SDRAM
250W PS
"Rick Flair" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
9500pro smokes the 5200, its more comparable to a 5600 ultra, even then I
would still say its better.

RF

"Chris Prince" wrote in message
While my GeForce FX 5200 runs games at a playable framerate its not

really
that great usally around 20-40fps in games like Bloodrayne and Unreal

II.
cant really afford much more that a 9500pro. So would I see much

performance
boost? Another question is I have no Idea what my PSU is. Could anyone
guess? My system specs a Athlon XP 2600+ (333)
1024 DDR333 PC2700
160GB Seagate 7,200rpm HDD
DVD-RW Drive
DVD-ROM Drive

Thanx

Old July 16th 03, 01:33 AM
Inglo

Ryan cam up with this on 7/15/2003 3:50 PM:

the 9600 pro has replaced the 9500 pro correct? I just got an FX 5200 Ultra
and i'm wondering if a 9600 pro would be a better card...?
P4 1.5 Ghz 100 Mhz FSB
256 MB SDRAM
250W PS

Yup... but the 9600 Pro may or may not be as good as the 9500 Pro. It
has a higher core clock but less pipes.

--
"“Religion is the sigh of the creature overwhelmed by misfortune, the sentiment of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions.”"

Steve [Inglo]