Cool & Quite ASUS K8V Delux question

Old April 28th 04, 03:34 AM
David Wells

Default Cool & Quite ASUS K8V Delux question

I am running a AMD 3200+ and Cool and Quite has given me nothing but
problems. CPU quite often runs at only 800 and then program like MS
Word hang and other programs slow loading etc. etc. When I reboot and
cool and quite runs up to 1800-2000 programs ok and then some times it
will not run back down to 800. I am running XP Home . I did not build
the system was built my Touch System and looked after by a local
dealer. I have finally disable cool and quite in bios and set q fan to
off so the cpu fan runs all the time. What I find is with the cpu
running at 2000 PC Probe show the cpu running at 48-49C. If I set it
back to 1800 manually in bios it runs at 39C - 40C which seems a bit
better. When it was running at 800 32C was shown as running temp. I
have asked the dealer here too look into getting a better heat sink
fan for it so can run it at 2000 all the time and have it run around
35C or so. Does anyone know of a good CPU cooler that would work with
the ASUS K8V board . Has any one else run into this problem with Cool
& Quite. I set the XP to Minimal Power Management and in Bios ACPI 2.0
support according to there instructions.

Any comments or Ideas really appreciated

David