Ebuyer will strive to may you pay for it, without providing it.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 12th 03, 05:51 PM
Paul Hopwood

Default Ebuyer will strive to may you pay for it, without providing it.

Ok, I've often been one of the first to take the p*ss when someone
posts praise on here simply because a supplier came up with the goods.

Anyone can do that... right?

Well, evidently ebuyer can't even manage that simple task!

I've read similar tales of woe all too often in this forum but thought
"nah, they can't be that bad" or "an isolated incident surely?".
Unfortunately there is no emoticon to demonstrate the eating of ones
hat, because now would be a really good time to use it! ;-)

For those who haven't got bored and moved onto the next thread (hell,
I would of, get a l*fe pal! G).....

On the 5th December I placed an order for an item showing as over 100
in stock. Being in no particular hurry and seeing that CityLink are
incapable of delivering anything next day (same week is cause for
celebration) I opted for "Standard Service", their web site claiming
this would be with me on 11th December. The order status changed to
indicate it had been processed and everything was hunky dorey so I
waited.

At 16:41 on the 10th December I got the following e-mail:-

------------
If your order has been cancelled then it may be due to the following:

1) You have requested the order to be cancelled.

2) The items you have ordered are no longer available/discontinued
therefore your card has been refunded. If you still require the order
then please reorder the goods online at your earliest convenience.

We very much regret any annoyance and disappointment caused by this
situation.
---------------

To which my response is, although I doubt there is the remotest chance
that eBuyer are in the slightest bit interested:

Sure enough my order is now showing as cancelled. Thank you so very
much for waiting five days until the date of despatch to do so.

1) I didn't ask for it to be cancelled. Maybe you picked up some
psychic signals while I slept, or perhaps your logistics team has a
better view of my subconscious than it does your own stock levels and
somehow detected my doubts that even daring to order anything from
ebuyer might be a mistake?

2) The item I have ordered was listed as well in excess of 100 in
stock when I ordered it, 109 when I checked after receiving your
cancellation e-mail and is *currently* showing as 112 in stock - quite
remarkable for a product "no longer available/discontinued". The
funds were taken from my account and held by eBuyer for 5 days so
forgive me if I'm not overtly impressed by your honourable gesture of
refunding *my* money; it is unfortunate your fulfillment processes are
not nearly as effective as your ability to extract funds! I do still
require the order but there seems little point in reordering the goods
from ebuyer given they are either lying about stock or incapable of
shipping from it!

Unfortunately I have my doubts as to the level of regret felt
regarding the annoyance and disappointment (not to mention
inconvenience) caused, otherwise ebuyer might take appropriate steps
to prevent it from happening with the frequency reported on the
various Internet discussion forums.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank ebuyer for confirming
my misgivings and thus ensuring I don't repeat this mistake. Oh, and
a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all!

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: