My overclocking specs - newbie - comments/suggestions?

Old September 4th 04, 02:37 PM
Amy

Default My overclocking specs - newbie - comments/suggestions?

Hi, I'm a newbie to overclocking so any suggestions or comments on
these specs would be much appreciated, thanks.

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton)
Thermaltake Volcano 12
256MB Nanya PC2700 DDR-RAM
Abit NF7-S v2.0
80GB Maxtor ATA133 7200rpm HDD
Thermaltake Smart II case fan
Codegen 450W PSU
Antec 1000AMG PlusView case

Ok, here's the overclocked specs (as shown by cpuz):

Core speed: 2153MHz
Multiplier: x12.5
FSB: 172.3MHz
Bus speed: 344.5MHz

Memory timings
---------------------

Frequency: 172.3MHz
FSBRAM 1:1
CAS# latency: 3.0
RAS# to CAS# delay: 4
RAS# precharge: 4
Tras: 8

The system is running stable and the CPU temp sits at 42C when idle (I
can cool it to 32C if I crank the fan up to 5818rpm but it's too
noisey). I have had the CPU running fine at 2.2GHz but I have to turn
the fan and it gets annoying. I have played with the memory timings as
yet so any suggestions for better performance would be great. I am
looking into upgrading to dual channel 512MB PC3200 soon though.