Can you recommend a printer...

Old May 3rd 05, 10:12 AM
CWatters

Default Can you recommend a printer...

My rather old HP 895cxi seems to have developed a mechanical fault. If I
can't fix it I'll need to replace it but what would you recommend given
that....

* I have an Epson 2200 for photo printing
* It will be used daily for general printing and letters
* Only need basic colour capability.
* Prefer heads built into the cart
* Would like to continue to refill the carts without chip
resetting if that's possible?
* Prefer a front loading paper tray
* Would like to print on A4 envelopes
that are slightly wider than A4 paper
* It will be installed as a shared printer and may be
used by children as well.

or should I really be looking at a colour laser printer?

Thanks

Old May 3rd 05, 02:00 PM
ClubCX

Laser printers are great compared to inkjets and colour lasers are
affordable to every home now, however it's not recommended to use
envelopes in a laser printer as the coated surfaces could damage the
imaging drum, or the envelope could be sealed shut by the high
temperature fuser.

Old May 3rd 05, 06:54 PM
CWatters

"ClubCX" wrote in message
oups.com...
Laser printers are great compared to inkjets and colour lasers are
affordable to every home now, however it's not recommended to use
envelopes in a laser printer as the coated surfaces could damage the
imaging drum, or the envelope could be sealed shut by the high
temperature fuser.

Thanks for the heads up on envelopes. It reminds me that I've also used my
HP for other work like the odd T-Shirt transfer.

Old May 3rd 05, 11:33 PM
Hecate

On Tue, 03 May 2005 09:12:49 GMT, "CWatters"
wrote:

My rather old HP 895cxi seems to have developed a mechanical fault. If I
can't fix it I'll need to replace it but what would you recommend given
that....

We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser. When one or
the other dies we're going to get as colour laser. It's far better
for office work and will work out cheaper than having two printers.

--

Hecate - The Real One

Old May 4th 05, 01:48 AM
measekite

wrote:

My rather old HP 895cxi seems to have developed a mechanical fault. If I
can't fix it I'll need to replace it but what would you recommend given
that....

We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser.

The 990 is a fabulous business printer.

Old May 4th 05, 09:03 AM
CWatters

"CSE" wrote in message
On 3 May 2005 06:00:01 -0700, "ClubCX" wrote:

Laser printers are great compared to inkjets and colour lasers are
affordable to every home now, however it's not recommended to use
envelopes in a laser printer as the coated surfaces could damage the
imaging drum, or the envelope could be sealed shut by the high
temperature fuser.

And completely usless for Photos

Like I said I have an Epson 2100 for photos.

Old May 4th 05, 09:03 AM
Walter R.

I like my HP Deskjet 6122. Uses the big 45 cartridge with the built-in
printhead. Does duplex printing. Good color printing. Very fast. My old,
reliable workhorse. About $ 100 at eBay.

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

Old May 4th 05, 09:25 AM
CWatters

"measekite" wrote in message
.. .
We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser.

The 990 is a fabulous business printer.

Unfortunately the HP web site says the 990 series has been discontinued and
their web site doesn't suggest a replacement from their huge range of nearly
identical printers.

That would have been ideal as it takes the same HP23 and 43 carts as the HP
895cxi and I have several new ones.

Old May 4th 05, 03:43 PM
measekite

CWatters wrote:

"measekite" wrote in message
. ..
We currently have an HP 990cxi and a Samsung B&W laser.

The 990 is a fabulous business printer.

Unfortunately the HP web site says the 990 series has been discontinued and
their web site doesn't suggest a replacement from their huge range of nearly
identical printers.

That would have been ideal as it takes the same HP23 and 43 carts as the HP
895cxi and I have several new ones.

The HP990 takes HP45 Black and HP78 Color Carts.

FS PRINTER PARTS trays fusers drums printheads -- oki fujitsu hp genicom epson ibm dec jetdirect laserjet lexnmark qms okidata ml320 mannesmann tally printonix tektronix qms toshiba zebra otc ibm lexmark intermec dec compaq montreal canada toronto o [email protected] Printers 1 March 15th 05 05:50 AM
How to delete printer drivers? Herbert Chan Printers 6 September 28th 04 01:04 PM
Please recommend a printer model Oysters8 Printers 3 February 10th 04 03:53 PM
deskjet 845 C ink Pascal Printers 2 November 17th 03 09:16 AM
Good photo printer to recommend ? Corwin Printers 14 October 25th 03 12:13 AM