ATI (Under AMD) - Has Lost Perspective - "Of Who Their Clients Are" !!!

Old May 31st 07, 06:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
kmiller

Default ATI (Under AMD) - Has Lost Perspective - "Of Who Their Clients Are" !!!

I purchased an ATI 'All-In-Wonder' Rage 128 Pro (about 5 years ago),
because "ATI Technologies" - where the 'Masters' (at the ART) of
giving a Great TV / PVR capability. - And still creating a reasonable
"Gaming" video card AS WELL !!!

Now that AMD has taken over the 'Controls' ;

They are still 'Offering' (antiquated) Windows 98 & ME "Update"
drivers - but nothing for the 'Windows 2000 Professional' market.

Has AMD "LOST SIGHT" of ATI's greatest 'Markettable' User Group ???

[ The 'Original' Home & Office Video DVR Market.] - that 'Built -Up'
ATI's "Markettability" - in the first place. ???

Has EVERYONE FORGOTTEN, that they where the FIRST development team to
create a 'viably' - "Text To Words" (Microsoft Word) converter ???

8- (

Old May 31st 07, 08:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Carl

Why have you put lost sight in capitals in quotation marks? I think you are
a dummy.
Old May 31st 07, 10:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Strutter[_2_]

"kmiller" wrote in message
oups.com...
I purchased an ATI 'All-In-Wonder' Rage 128 Pro (about 5 years ago),
because "ATI Technologies" - where the 'Masters' (at the ART) of
giving a Great TV / PVR capability. - And still creating a reasonable
"Gaming" video card AS WELL !!!

Now that AMD has taken over the 'Controls' ;

They are still 'Offering' (antiquated) Windows 98 & ME "Update"
drivers - but nothing for the 'Windows 2000 Professional' market.

Has AMD "LOST SIGHT" of ATI's greatest 'Markettable' User Group ???

[ The 'Original' Home & Office Video DVR Market.] - that 'Built -Up'
ATI's "Markettability" - in the first place. ???

Has EVERYONE FORGOTTEN, that they where the FIRST development team to
create a 'viably' - "Text To Words" (Microsoft Word) converter ???

8- (

Who uses windows 2000 in this day and age anyway? You are part of the
minority still living in the dark ages.

If every company wasted time & resources on updating drivers and such for
outdated OS's, then they don't get to spend as much of it on producing new,
bigger & better hardware.

Obviously this is just an AMD bashing post from some Intel loving knob.

Get over it and live with it or try updating your system like most people in
the real world.

Who cares what they first invented, live for the future, not for the past!

Old May 31st 07, 10:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Geoff

"kmiller" wrote in message
oups.com...
I purchased an ATI 'All-In-Wonder' Rage 128 Pro (about 5 years ago),
because "ATI Technologies" - where the 'Masters' (at the ART) of
giving a Great TV / PVR capability. - And still creating a reasonable
"Gaming" video card AS WELL !!!

Now that AMD has taken over the 'Controls' ;

They are still 'Offering' (antiquated) Windows 98 & ME "Update"
drivers - but nothing for the 'Windows 2000 Professional' market.

Has AMD "LOST SIGHT" of ATI's greatest 'Markettable' User Group ???

[ The 'Original' Home & Office Video DVR Market.] - that 'Built -Up'
ATI's "Markettability" - in the first place. ???

Has EVERYONE FORGOTTEN, that they where the FIRST development team to
create a 'viably' - "Text To Words" (Microsoft Word) converter ???

you expect them to activly develop drivers for ancient hardware ?
windows xp drivers = windows 2k drivers ?

and

yes we have forgotten.....

Old June 1st 07, 12:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GTD[_2_]

kmiller wrote:
I purchased an ATI 'All-In-Wonder' Rage 128 Pro (about 5 years ago),
because "ATI Technologies" - where the 'Masters' (at the ART) of
giving a Great TV / PVR capability. - And still creating a reasonable
"Gaming" video card AS WELL !!!

Now that AMD has taken over the 'Controls' ;

They are still 'Offering' (antiquated) Windows 98 & ME "Update"
drivers - but nothing for the 'Windows 2000 Professional' market.

Has AMD "LOST SIGHT" of ATI's greatest 'Markettable' User Group ???

[ The 'Original' Home & Office Video DVR Market.] - that 'Built -Up'
ATI's "Markettability" - in the first place. ???

Has EVERYONE FORGOTTEN, that they where the FIRST development team to
create a 'viably' - "Text To Words" (Microsoft Word) converter ???

8- (

Just one question: What part of all that do you expect anyone to give a
**** about? **** Windows 2000, and who really cares what hey were first
at? When was that, and why should that matter now, halfway through the
year 2007? Who was the first to provide home computers for less than
$300? It was Commodore with the C64, and nobody gives a **** about that
these days either. What are you, Amish, or a caveman?
Old June 1st 07, 04:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"kmiller" wrote in message
oups.com...
I purchased an ATI 'All-In-Wonder' Rage 128 Pro (about 5 years ago),
because "ATI Technologies" - where the 'Masters' (at the ART) of
giving a Great TV / PVR capability. - And still creating a reasonable
"Gaming" video card AS WELL !!!

Well, you bought an already outdated card in 2002. The original Radeon had
long since been released, and the excellent 8500 Pro came out in the fall of
2002. The Rage 128 Pro was introduced in 1998. So what do you expect. It
was a crappy 3D card in by the standards of 2002, when the 4200 series and
8500 series reigned the roost. It was crappy for 3D compared to the original
Radeon 7000 series.

Old June 1st 07, 08:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
suffersfools

On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:11:37 GMT, "Strutter"
Who uses windows 2000 in this day and age anyway? You are part of the
minority still living in the dark ages.

Windows2k is WindowsXP.

The real question is: why would you buy the same operating system
with a lock on it's installation routine that you have to phone up
billy and ask permission to reload it on your new hardware ?

Just use the winXp drivers they'll work for win2k.

How old are you twerps ? 12 ?

Old June 1st 07, 10:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Strutter[_2_]

"suffersfools" wrote in message
On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:11:37 GMT, "Strutter"
Who uses windows 2000 in this day and age anyway? You are part of the
minority still living in the dark ages.

Windows2k is WindowsXP.

The real question is: why would you buy the same operating system
with a lock on it's installation routine that you have to phone up
billy and ask permission to reload it on your new hardware ?

Just use the winXp drivers they'll work for win2k.

How old are you twerps ? 12 ?

I have a copy of windows 2k pro, and it is more like an advanced version of
Windows ME to me...it is completely different to XP! I have owned Windows
95, 98, Me, 2k, XP and now vista...it's called moving with the times....and
now with software requiring DirectX 10 you have to have the latest os!

I guess that you still run win 98 or linux on your old 486 DX-2 66....hey at
least you don't have to validate your copy....i supose you don't have to do
much, cos old windows don't have **** all in them!

How old are you gramps ? 67 ?

Old June 1st 07, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Shawk

Strutter wrote:

I have a copy of windows 2k pro, and it is more like an advanced version
of Windows ME to me...it is completely different to XP! I have owned
Windows 95, 98, Me, 2k, XP and now vista...it's called moving with the
times....and now with software requiring DirectX 10 you have to have the
latest os!

You've had 6 OS's in 12 years? One every two years? Why?? That's not
moving with the times that's being Microsoft's dream customer - must
have the latest (and not so greatest). 95, 98SE and then XP were fine
for me. Vista is not required now and will not be for another year or
three ...and which software requires DX10 FFS??

For the OP XP drivers should work however if you haven't changed your
card or your OS why do you want to update drivers?