Asus P4C800-E Deluxe - 3.0Ghz P4 - Aquarius II - Trying to Cool Effectively

Old November 5th 03, 04:05 PM
La Pedrera

Default Asus P4C800-E Deluxe - 3.0Ghz P4 - Aquarius II - Trying to Cool Effectively

Regarding what max temp the cpu can get without frying, it's an Intel P4
chip, so it has thermal protection built in. I don't believe it can fry in
that regard.

You can remove the cooling from the cpu, and it will just slow down, not
fry.

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi

I have just built a system around the this MB and am trying in vain to

cool
the CPU, a P4 3.0Ghz (800fsb) with an Aqarius II water cooling system. I

am
getting very high temps in 3DMark2003 Pro - 65C although this drops back

about 45/50C when under normal load and slightly lower when switched on

but
doing nothing. I have read many items in the forums that this cooling
system is a pile of c**p - would anyone disagree or agree. What is the

max
temp that my CPU can get to without frying? Would anyone like to offer an
alternative cooling system, whether or not water? FWIW I have installed

my
system in a Thermaltake Xaser III case, which has seven case fans, my

Radeon
9800 Pro has its own fan and I have a Q-Tec dual fan PSU - so I wouldn't
have thought air-flow is a problem, despite having four SATA HDD's built
into the case as well. MB temp seems stable around 28/30C

Help needed please!!!

TIA

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

Old November 5th 03, 04:48 PM
Paul

Thank you so very much for responding on this La Pedrera. I did manage to
sort out the cooling with this system, by disabling the Q-Fan in Bios, which
increased the Radiator's fan speed and consequently the noise!

That said the Aquarius II is C**P and as I write this, is being replaced
with a Zalman Al/Cu 7000 unit, which I daresay will cool even more and
probably will be just as quiet into the bargain! I say this as it's all
very well swapping a standard cooler for a waterblock but the system needs
driving by both a pump and a radiator fan. The sighting of these inside the
case coupled with the extra wires, causes turbulence inside the case, which
is not good for proper air circulation, so it rather defeats the object. I
have heard nothing but bad things about this water system which was almost
double the price of the Zalman! Had I done my research correctly, I would
have bought the Zalman at the start.

At present now my system is running between 33/36C at idle, 36/40 under
normal load and running 3DMark Pro 2003, it reaches a peak of 50C. My
Radiator fan is at Max, as are my seven case fans. I aim to better these
temps together with the noise, once I've installed the Zalman and then
hopefully begin my O'Clocking.

Thanks again M8

Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

le.rogers.com...

Old November 5th 03, 04:53 PM
BobMarley

I just got a Xaser III case myself, the V1420A (a v1000 with a
thermaltake 420W PS).

other than the fan setup to the Hardcano being a little tricky, the
case is GREAT.

Running a 2.8Ghz 800FSB, Geforce 4 card, and 512Mb Ram, 2 IDE hard
drives, and a P4C800-E Deluxe board.
My intel chip is retail, so i'm using the intel heatsink/fan...

I usually run 29 C on the temp.. and while running BF1942, playing
myself and also acting as server to 6 other pc's playing, i only hit
41C....
the case is GREAT

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:48:56 -0000, "Paul"
wrote:

[...]

ble.rogers.com...

Old November 5th 03, 06:12 PM
BobMarley

I know, I was just implying that the case definitely keeps things
cool...

I'm just a bit upset that you can't buy many case mods.. the
thermaltake site shows TONS out there.. but i can't find anywhere to
find the PerfectLight's for it.... none of the linked resellers have
it..
i've emailed the company w/ no response yet

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:17:53 -0000, "Paul"
wrote:

I never said there was anything wrong with the case lol!

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

.. .

wrote:

[...]

ble.rogers.com...

Old November 5th 03, 06:45 PM
Paul

Not sure where you're from M8 but Dabs.co.uk / Dabs.com seem to carry
Thermaltake stuff and they're excellent to deal with if you are in the UK -
I got my case, Neon Light and Xview Kit from them.
HTH

Paul

wrote:

I never said there was anything wrong with the case lol!

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

.. .

wrote:

[...]

ble.rogers.com...

Old November 5th 03, 07:33 PM
BobMarley

US, in South Carolina....
can't find any here that sell the lights. I got the case here and have
found lots of other stuff.. just no lights.
I'll try the dabs sight. thanks

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:45:38 -0000, "Paul"
wrote:

Not sure where you're from M8 but Dabs.co.uk / Dabs.com seem to carry
Thermaltake stuff and they're excellent to deal with if you are in the UK -
I got my case, Neon Light and Xview Kit from them.
HTH

Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

.. .

wrote:

I never said there was anything wrong with the case lol!

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

.. .

wrote:

[...]

ble.rogers.com...

Old November 5th 03, 08:14 PM
BobMarley

Thermaltake just emailed me back... no plans to import PerfectLight's
to the United States. That SUCKS.
is the one sold in the UK based on 220V or will it work in a US case?
i wonder...

wrote:

Not sure where you're from M8 but Dabs.co.uk / Dabs.com seem to carry
Thermaltake stuff and they're excellent to deal with if you are in the UK -
I got my case, Neon Light and Xview Kit from them.
HTH

Paul

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

. ..

wrote:

I never said there was anything wrong with the case lol!

This footnote confirms that this email message
has been swept by Norton AntiVirus for the
presence of computer viruses.

This computer is protected
by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector

.. .

wrote:

[...]

ble.rogers.com...

Old November 6th 03, 02:40 AM
La Pedrera

Jeebus!! 7 case fans?

I'm running the coolermaster wavemaster case, 2 fans at the front, 1 at the
back, plus cpu fan and the 2 in the power supply.
System is running 4 sata drives, 3GHZ, with 4gb memory. No heat issues. Me
thinks case has big part in this.

P4C800E-Deluxe board.

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

le.rogers.com...

Old November 6th 03, 12:55 PM
BobMarley

Yeah, awesome case.
http://www.thermaltake.com

2 on the side, 2 next to the cpu, 2 up front and one up top..
plus the power supply

"Paul" wrote in message
[...]

le.rogers.com...