IP (network) camera setup question

Old October 3rd 05, 06:25 AM
C2

Default IP (network) camera setup question

I've been unsuccessful in setting up a 'nannycam' at my mom's apartment
(elder residence facility). I've followed the instructions, talked to
helpdesks, the cable company, even had the Geek Squad from BestBuy out,
but no luck. The equipment I have is this:

Static IP from Cox Cable
DLink 900 network camera
Veo Observer network camera
Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL 4 port router

I've loaded the static IP into the router, port forwarded the camera
info, changing port 80 to 8x and 8y for the two cameras (Cox blocks port
80), loaded the router IP info into the cameras (per instructions in one
of the manuals - Veo), change the last three digits of the cameras' IPs
(first digits match the router). No luck in viewing from the web.

I did just see a rather old article that indicates those last three
digits must be 100 if using a Linksys router (haven't tried this yet
since I just found it).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I'm tired of paying for a static
IP that is of no use.

Thanks.

Old October 3rd 05, 06:40 AM
Si Ballenger

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 00:25:37 -0500, C2 wrote:

[...]

Don't use a static IP addres, just use a dynamic IP address
sevrice like www.no-ip.com . Below is a link that has pretty good
info about setting up a webcam. This has some differences from
network cams, but should give you some basic info.

http://www.sonicjay.com/cam/cam_how_to.htm

Old October 3rd 05, 03:23 PM
bumtracks

Dlink cam has 2 ports that both need forwarding.
Dont know about Veo & been a long time since Ive been in a linky

Here's two images, each under 20kb showing dcs900 camera configs & di624
router config for that cam.
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/4282/mydcs9004xf.gif
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8978/myrouter5qv.gif

Old October 3rd 05, 03:32 PM
bumtracks

you do understand to access the cam
the port number goes on the end of the ip
other than local something like http://192.168.1.21:8081

Old October 4th 05, 02:32 AM
C2

Yeah, but it still didn't work but thanks.

Old October 4th 05, 02:36 AM
C2

Yup, forwarded both ports and still no go, but will compare these images
to what I have. Thanks!

Old October 4th 05, 11:29 AM
Gerhard Dresch

Do You have a Firewall active in Your router?
If so, deactivate it or put IPīs of camīs into DMZ.