Dell Inspiron keyboard.

Old July 3rd 08, 08:47 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jumbo

Default Dell Inspiron keyboard.

Hello

Can anybody in this newsgroup tell the use of the key to the right of F12
which has a little right angle what looks like a small back slash and a
vertical line in the bottom right?

Searches have told me the answer for every other key but this one.

Thanks in advance

Jumbo

--
Silver Surfer

Old July 3rd 08, 11:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Posted At: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:48 AM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Dell Inspiron keyboard.
Subject: Dell Inspiron keyboard.

Hello

Can anybody in this newsgroup tell the use of the key to the right of
F12
which has a little right angle what looks like a small back slash and

vertical line in the bottom right?

Searches have told me the answer for every other key but this one.

Thanks in advance

Jumbo

--
Silver Surfer

My Inspirons don't have a key like that. Can you post a link to a
picture of the keyboard?

Old July 3rd 08, 12:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 10:53:41 GMT, "Tom Scales"

Posted At: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:48 AM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Dell Inspiron keyboard.

Hello

Can anybody in this newsgroup tell the use of the key to the right of
F12
which has a little right angle what looks like a small back slash and

vertical line in the bottom right?

Searches have told me the answer for every other key but this one.

Thanks in advance

Jumbo

--
Silver Surfer

My Inspirons don't have a key like that. Can you post a link to a
picture of the keyboard?

Neither do I Tom. I'd like to see what he has too.
Old July 3rd 08, 01:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
HDRDTD

My Inspiron 6400 has a button that he 'might' be describing. On the 6400, to
the right of the F12 is a 'delete' button, but to the right of that is the
'end' button which also has a secondary purple function symbol that 'could '
almost be described as Jumbo described it.

In my case, the purple secondary funtion is the audio mute funtion. The
button actually has what is supposed to be a symbol for a speaker with a
slash through it.

Posted At: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:48 AM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Dell Inspiron keyboard.

Hello

Can anybody in this newsgroup tell the use of the key to the right
of F12
which has a little right angle what looks like a small back slash
and
vertical line in the bottom right?

Searches have told me the answer for every other key but this one.

Thanks in advance

Jumbo

--
Silver Surfer

My Inspirons don't have a key like that. Can you post a link to a
picture of the keyboard?

Neither do I Tom. I'd like to see what he has too.

On my 8600, E1505, and 6400, I have the same button, which has the same
function as you describe (mute speaker).

Old July 3rd 08, 05:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jumbo

Boris wrote in message
6...
"HDRDTD" wrote in
:

Posted At: Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:48 AM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Dell Inspiron keyboard.

Hello

Can anybody in this newsgroup tell the use of the key to the right
of F12
which has a little right angle what looks like a small back slash
and
vertical line in the bottom right?

Searches have told me the answer for every other key but this one.

Thanks in advance

Jumbo

--
Silver Surfer

My Inspirons don't have a key like that. Can you post a link to a
picture of the keyboard?

Neither do I Tom. I'd like to see what he has too.

On my 8600, E1505, and 6400, I have the same button, which has the same
function as you describe (mute speaker).

Thanks guys

I can't find any link which shows the keyboard with sufficient clarity to
enable positive ID.

Even the online manual does not show a complete keyboard.

The key does not have any blue Fn use and many wasted hours have been spent
search the internet. Many reviews mention the strange layout but none show
pictures.

This is what you get pressing the key ` and shift key _ not much help there.

Thanks again

Jumbo

Old July 3rd 08, 05:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
JayB

what model laptop is it and what country are you in?
most important, or everyone's wasting their time.

Old July 3rd 08, 06:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jumbo

Jumbo wrote:
Hello

Can anybody in this newsgroup tell the use of the key to the right of F12
which has a little right angle what looks like a small back slash and a
vertical line in the bottom right?

Searches have told me the answer for every other key but this one.

Thanks in advance

Jumbo

Dell Inspiron 5150 in the UK.

Apologies for wasting your time but I really would like to know what is the
function of the key which does this ` and shifted does this ¬.

Jumbo

Old July 3rd 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

on a inspiron 6400, what is typically found to the right of the f12 key is
the delete key.
the key you are describing sound similar to the slightly oversized key found
above the enter key and below the backspace key. that key has the forward
slash and pike ("\" and "|"). but you did not seem to get a forward slash
or pike when typed in your last email.
this could be a mislabeled key (it happens as evident by the recent recall
of a small amount of keyboards mislabeled in the uk). why don't you either
tell us your system tag number so that we can look up your original system
configuration as shipped on support.dell.com. or you can do this yourself.
it should list the part number for the keyboard. if the part it is not
listed in the original configuration summary then remove the keyboard to
find the part number for it on the underside. once we have the keyboard
part number then we will know what it is exactly what you have and might be
able to help. or take a photo of it and put it up on some site so we can
take a look.

"Jumbo" wrote in message

Boris wrote in message
6...
"HDRDTD" wrote in
:

Old July 3rd 08, 08:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

Jumbo wrote:
Hello

Can anybody in this newsgroup tell the use of the key to the right of
F12 which has a little right angle what looks like a small back slash
and a vertical line in the bottom right?

Searches have told me the answer for every other key but this one.

Thanks in advance

Jumbo

Dell Inspiron 5150 in the UK.

Apologies for wasting your time but I really would like to know what is
the function of the key which does this ` and shifted does this ¬.

Jumbo

It's a tilde KEY.......

Look: http://www.notebookparts.com/images/...l/5X486_tn.jpg

Stew