Scratch & Dent

Old October 29th 07, 01:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

Default Scratch & Dent

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:50:29 -0400, Michael Arm
wrote:

Anyone ever by scratch and dent from the outlet store. I have bought a
couple of laptops from the outlet store and have been happy with them,
but they were not scratch and dent.

I am looking at Quad-core xps-410's in particular.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, I can't answer your question but I can say that I've also bought
both pc's and laptops from the outlet store which were supposedly
refurbished and I couldn't tell them from new. Not even a smudge mark
was apparent. If I had to guess, I'd say it's nothing to worry about.
Old October 29th 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris

On Oct 28, 10:50 am, Michael Arm wrote:
Anyone ever by scratch and dent from the outlet store. I have bought a
couple of laptops from the outlet store and have been happy with them,
but they were not scratch and dent.

I am looking at Quad-core xps-410's in particular.

Thanks,
Mike

I ordered a Scratch and Dent a month ago. It arrived one week later,
in perfect condition. No signs of even being opened.

Old October 29th 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

"Carrie" wrote in message

"Boris" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 28, 10:50 am, Michael Arm wrote:
Anyone ever by scratch and dent from the outlet store. I have bought a
couple of laptops from the outlet store and have been happy with them,
but they were not scratch and dent.

I am looking at Quad-core xps-410's in particular.

Thanks,
Mike

I ordered a Scratch and Dent a month ago. It arrived one week later,
in perfect condition. No signs of even being opened.

I ordered an XPS 410 also scratch and dent...two small scratches on the
top of the tower....love the computer and xps support has been definately
above average so far...
would order a scratch and dent again in a heart beat...Peace,Harry

^^^^^^^ First post I've ever read noting scratches or damage from the
outlet. ^^^^

Which was the point of my earlier post; Dell indicates that those things
*may* be present on S&D models, so it's best to be prepared to see them -
even if it turns out to not be the case.

jmo..

Stew

Old October 30th 07, 04:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris

On Oct 28, 10:50 am, Michael Arm wrote:
Anyone ever by scratch and dent from the outlet store. I have bought a
couple of laptops from the outlet store and have been happy with them,
but they were not scratch and dent.

I am looking at Quad-core xps-410's in particular.

Thanks,
Mike

About a month ago, I ordered a 'Scratch and Dent' from the outlet. I
had read on this newsgroup many times that 'scratch and dents' arrive
without any scratch or dents, so I decided to give it a try. I wanted
to get a mid-range desktop for light use, with the older screw-less,
cooler running cases, and I had heard they were phasing those out.

I watched the outlet for a couple of weeks. I ordered a Scratch and
Dent Core 2 Duo, E520, 2gb ram, cdrw and dvdrw, 256mb video, $500. It
came with Vista Home Premium. (My first Vista machine.)

When it arrived, I looked it over very, very well. It was in perfect
condition. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from the outlet again. Just
have your range of specs figured out beforehand, and check the outlet
frequently until you find something you like.

Old October 30th 07, 06:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BIC

"Michael Arm" wrote in message
news
Anyone ever by scratch and dent from the outlet store. I have bought a
couple of laptops from the outlet store and have been happy with them,
but they were not scratch and dent.

I am looking at Quad-core xps-410's in particular.

Thanks,
Mike

so if it does not have a scratch or dent you can send it back as
misrepresentation.

NOW I ASKED FOR ONE WITH A SCRATCH/DENT.............they never listen.

Old October 30th 07, 12:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
HDRDTD

Remember, the systems in the Outlet store can fall into 4 different
catagories,

Certified Refurbished
Previously Ordered New
Scratch & Dent
Off-Lease.

When looking through the list of available systems, each system will be
shown to fall into one of those catagories.

I've bought two different systems from the outlet in the last year. ISTR
they were both 'Certified Refurbished', but as the others have pointed out,
both the systems I bought (a Dimension E510 and an Inspiron 6400) arrived in
perfect condition.

Old October 30th 07, 01:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
olfart

"hdrdtd" wrote in message
Remember, the systems in the Outlet store can fall into 4 different
catagories,

Certified Refurbished
Previously Ordered New
Scratch & Dent
Off-Lease.

When looking through the list of available systems, each system will be
shown to fall into one of those catagories.

I've bought two different systems from the outlet in the last year. ISTR
they were both 'Certified Refurbished', but as the others have pointed
out, both the systems I bought (a Dimension E510 and an Inspiron 6400)
arrived in perfect condition.

Several years ago I got a C610 Laptop from the "Off-Lease" category.
It arrived in a like-new condition and has performed perfectly ever since.

Old October 31st 07, 01:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

Innovative! :} ... Ben Myers

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 02:43:01 -0400, "Tom Lake" wrote:

"BIC" wrote in message

"Michael Arm" wrote in message
news

so if it does not have a scratch or dent you can send it back as
misrepresentation.

NOW I ASKED FOR ONE WITH A SCRATCH/DENT.............they never listen.

I ordered a Scratch & Dent but it only came with a scratch, not a dent.
A quick call to Tech Support and Joe from India was able to walk me
through using a ball-peen hammer to restore the dent that Dell had so
thoughtlessly left out. As compensation offered me a free piece of software
guaranteed to remove all traces of rust from my hard drive platters. It
worked
like a charm. Those platters are now shiny bare metal without a trace of
coating. Of course I had to phone Microsoft to reactivate Windows after
changing the hardware that way.

Tom Lake

Old November 1st 07, 07:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:48:56 -0000, "BIC"
wrote:

"Michael Arm" wrote in message
news
Anyone ever by scratch and dent from the outlet store. I have bought a
couple of laptops from the outlet store and have been happy with them,
but they were not scratch and dent.

I am looking at Quad-core xps-410's in particular.

Thanks,
Mike

so if it does not have a scratch or dent you can send it back as
misrepresentation.

NOW I ASKED FOR ONE WITH A SCRATCH/DENT.............they never listen.

Tough question g. I think in reality you can send it back for
whatever reason in the alloted time.
Old December 18th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
PDR

"BIC" wrote in message

"Michael Arm" wrote in message
news
Anyone ever by scratch and dent from the outlet store. I have bought a
couple of laptops from the outlet store and have been happy with them,
but they were not scratch and dent.

I am looking at Quad-core xps-410's in particular.

Thanks,
Mike

so if it does not have a scratch or dent you can send it back as
misrepresentation.

NOW I ASKED FOR ONE WITH A SCRATCH/DENT.............they never listen.

The scratches and dents are available for download and user-installation.

PDR