A7V - 120 GB disk?

Old July 14th 03, 07:25 PM
Wayne Fulton

Default A7V - 120 GB disk?

I cannot find this info on the Asus site..

Will A7V with 1009 BIOS recognize a 120 GB disk?

What would the limit be? How is this located?

Thanks

Old July 15th 03, 12:30 AM
Wayne Fulton

In article ,
says...

I saw Bios 1011 for the A7V supports 48-bit LBA for even larger disks.
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/downl...?ModelName=A7V

Because you mention Bios 1009 I'm confused too, that's also the latest
Final Bios fot the A7V133.
What does the marking on the board itself (between the PCI slots) say?

On the board at slot 2, it says "A7V Rev 1.02" (like on the page you
reference). Manual also says A7V. I believe it was the first of what must
be 6 or 10 other A7V versions with suffixes in the model name, but I have no
clue how they might differ. This one does use PC133 memory.

Yes, I am still using 1009 BIOS, but I see 1011 is available for it, so if I
should have any problem, that sounds like the fix. It's great that we can
depend on Asus to keep the BIOS updates coming for new needs.
Thanks much.

Old July 15th 03, 08:29 AM
E.P. van Westendorp

Yes it seems Asus sometimes changes to a next generation of motherboard
by gradually modifying an existing one.
The main difference between the boards is the KT133A chipset on the A7V133.
My oldest A7V133, an 1.04, still has the marking A7V on the motherboard
but changed to A7V133 by using a sticker.

There is even a A7V 1012-01A Beta that must be the very last A7V Bios
that will ever appear.
ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIO...llo_KT133/A7V/

--

Eric P. van Westendorp Tel: +31(0252)210579
Reigerslaan 22 2215NN Voorhout Netherlands

Wayne Fulton wrote:
[...]

Best drive configuration? Noozer General 20 May 27th 04 03:10 AM
RAID card for my PC?? TANKIE General 5 May 22nd 04 01:09 AM
My system seems to "recover" with great frequency Louise Homebuilt PC's 3 May 17th 04 06:02 AM
Nero 6 Burn Rom- Help file, cd-rw disks, cd audio/data combination disk Bun Mui Cdr 1 January 11th 04 11:46 PM
Nero 6 Burn Rom - Help file, cd-rw disks, cd audio/data combination disk Bun Mui Cdr 0 January 11th 04 06:33 PM