Where can I find this Asus motherboard?

Old September 28th 03, 06:16 AM
Pccomputerdr

Default Where can I find this Asus motherboard?

Hi folks!

The motherboard inside my computer died on me yesterday. I can't afford to
build myself another system. So, I am looking for the same motherboard to
replace it. The motherboard is ASUS P3B-F. It is about 4 years old. I went to
ASUS website, but couldn't find it there. Is there any motherboard wholesale or
depot on the internet that might have this old motherboard in their stock?

Thanks in advance!

Old September 28th 03, 06:28 AM
Hank

"Pccomputerdr" wrote in message
Hi folks!

The motherboard inside my computer died on me yesterday. I can't afford to
build myself another system. So, I am looking for the same motherboard to
replace it. The motherboard is ASUS P3B-F. It is about 4 years old. I went

ASUS website, but couldn't find it there. Is there any motherboard

wholesale or
depot on the internet that might have this old motherboard in their stock?

Thanks in advance!

It doesn't necessarily have to be the same exact board. Just look for one
that will support your type of CPU, memory and your type of add on cards
(ISA, PCI, AGP) and go from there..

Hank

Old September 30th 03, 01:51 AM
zalzon

Dear butthead,
my suggestion is for him to upgrade to a low
level athlon. It provides the best bang for the buck. It is a
friendly suggestion for him to consider since it offers an advantage
over an old Celeron and is economical.

Now if you have a problem with that, feel free to kiss my ass.

moron!

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 05:24:37 GMT, spodosaurus
wrote:

zalzon wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 07:48:48 GMT, spodosaurus
wrote:

zalzon wrote:

On 28 Sep 2003 05:16:35 GMT, (Pccomputerdr)
wrote:

Hi folks!

The motherboard inside my computer died on me yesterday. I can't afford to
build myself another system. So, I am looking for the same motherboard to
replace it. The motherboard is ASUS P3B-F. It is about 4 years old. I went to
ASUS website, but couldn't find it there. Is there any motherboard wholesale or
depot on the internet that might have this old motherboard in their stock?

Thanks in advance!

If what you gots is an Athlon or Duron processor, get an el-cheapo
ASROCK K7VT2 mobo or and ECS K7S5A. I'd recommend the ASROCK which is
the budget Asus version.

Should do nicely i would think. Both boards take either DDR or SDRAM.
And support Athlon & Duron Chips.

Please TRY and know what you're talking about before you post...

For the OP: try ebay

Please TRY and point out what part of what I have said is incorrect?

Actually look up the motherboard in question before crapping on about
things completely unrelated, moron.

Old September 29th 03, 06:26 AM
Bas Ruiter

Please TRY and point out what part of what I have said is incorrect?

Well, OK... you did say *if* the OP had an Athlon/Duron *then* ...

But the ASUS P3B-F is a PII/PIII/Celeron motherboard.

The boards you mentioned are for an Athlon/Duron

Anyhow: for the OP - you could also have a search for the Abit BX, or
Abit BE6 motherboards.

--
Bas Ruiter

e-Mail:
www:
http://members.home.nl/lordsnow
Old September 28th 03, 08:49 AM
spodosaurus

Pccomputerdr wrote:
Hi folks!

The motherboard inside my computer died on me yesterday. I can't afford to
build myself another system. So, I am looking for the same motherboard to
replace it. The motherboard is ASUS P3B-F. It is about 4 years old. I went to
ASUS website, but couldn't find it there. Is there any motherboard wholesale or
depot on the internet that might have this old motherboard in their stock?

Thanks in advance!

ebay.com has several

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying

Old September 28th 03, 01:31 PM
philo

"Pccomputerdr" wrote in message
Hi folks!

The motherboard inside my computer died on me yesterday. I can't afford to
build myself another system. So, I am looking for the same motherboard to
replace it. The motherboard is ASUS P3B-F. It is about 4 years old. I went

ASUS website, but couldn't find it there. Is there any motherboard

wholesale or
depot on the internet that might have this old motherboard in their stock?

Thanks in advance!

the suggestion to try ebay was a good one

however if you end up not being able to get the identical board
if you can find a similar board with the same chipset your transition should
be fairly smooth

in the very worst case you can do a repair installation (or install-over)
and keep your system pretty much intact
(though you;d have to reapply your updates)