HP Deskjet 722C - Ink Cartridge Tray *Side To Side*

Old August 20th 03, 01:09 AM
Juna Kuristag

Default HP Deskjet 722C - Ink Cartridge Tray *Side To Side*

Hi all,

I lost my power cable for my HP Deskjet 722C and found (what seems to be) a
suitable replacement in a Altec Lansing power cable. Ever since I powered
the thing up, it seems to be acting very strange with only the power
(status) light and the "need ink" light on, while it does not load paper
correctly and the ink cartridge tray just sways side to side.

I've attempted to clean the cartridges but I had to pull them out while the
damn thing was "swaying." Each time I flip the lid open, the thing just
keeps on going. It doesn't even stop to let me take out the cartridges.
This is an awfully weird problem.

I've never seen this before and visiting HP's online support did not provide
much help either. In the meantime I will be looking for the original
powercord, but has anyone ever heard / seen / fixed a problem like this
before? Could using another power source/cable really affect the
performance of this printer?

I'm using WinXP with the latest drivers for the printer. *ANY HELP
appreciated*

JUNA

Old August 20th 03, 02:28 AM
glasnostJDC

If the regulation from the new power supply isn't that good or it isn't an
EXACT match, anything would be possible including what your printer is
doing. I would check ebay for a cheap used replacement from the same model
printer. Try HP but they may want a very high amount. Good luck on finding a
replacement.

-glasnostJDC

k.net...

Old August 20th 03, 06:20 AM
JXStern

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:09:33 GMT, "Juna Kuristag"
wrote:
I lost my power cable for my HP Deskjet 722C and found (what seems to be) a
suitable replacement in a Altec Lansing power cable. Ever since I powered
the thing up, it seems to be acting very strange with only the power
(status) light and the "need ink" light on, while it does not load paper
correctly and the ink cartridge tray just sways side to side.

I've attempted to clean the cartridges but I had to pull them out while the
damn thing was "swaying." Each time I flip the lid open, the thing just
keeps on going. It doesn't even stop to let me take out the cartridges.
This is an awfully weird problem.

Yikes.

If you're feeding it the wrong voltage, then all bets are off,
including whethet it will ever run correctly again.

I was using my 722C with XP, until I realized the drivers were nuts,
using colored ink to print black text on any page that was not all
black. Then one day, it wouldn't even do that, the ink lights stay
on, it seeks for a few seconds, and refuses to even try to print
anything at all.

Screw it, I went out and bought a Canon i550. Do you realize how
cheap printers are these days?

J.

Please Help me choose momory for AMD64 Synapse Syndrome Asus Motherboards 11 August 26th 04 02:43 PM
ejecting a cd Old guy General 3 August 1st 03 07:06 PM
HP 842C Deskjet printer color cartridge refill problem printerguy Printers 1 July 17th 03 04:07 PM
HP Deskjet 722c cost VS Color Copier cost SkatingMom Printers 0 July 17th 03 03:42 PM