Side-to-side scrolling on a regular wheel mouse...

Old January 13th 06, 02:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default Side-to-side scrolling on a regular wheel mouse...

Does anybody know how to perform regular side-to-side scrolling using a
regular wheel mouse? Perhaps using some keyboard key & mouse wheel combo or
some third party program? I tried those side-to-side tilt wheel mice and
they seriously lack accuracy, speed and control.

It would be nice if I could press SHIFT and rotate the wheel to get side
scrolling.

Could something be written in VB to do this?

-Pete

Old January 13th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Syrist wrote:
Does anybody know how to perform regular side-to-side scrolling using a
regular wheel mouse? Perhaps using some keyboard key & mouse wheel combo or
some third party program? I tried those side-to-side tilt wheel mice and
they seriously lack accuracy, speed and control.

It would be nice if I could press SHIFT and rotate the wheel to get side
scrolling.

Could something be written in VB to do this?

-Pete

http://www.dirfile.com/my_scroll.htm was the first result returned when
I asked Google about this. There may be others but I didn't look beyond
the first hit.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old January 13th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Syrist" wrote in message
Does anybody know how to perform regular side-to-side scrolling using a
regular wheel mouse? Perhaps using some keyboard key & mouse wheel combo
or some third party program? I tried those side-to-side tilt wheel mice
and they seriously lack accuracy, speed and control.

It would be nice if I could press SHIFT and rotate the wheel to get side
scrolling.

Could something be written in VB to do this?

-Pete

have you tried pressing the mousewheel button to change the cursor then pan
left/right?

Old January 13th 06, 07:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

I know this is not what you want to hear, but you might as well give up on
the side scrolling, especially if you are trying it for web-browsing. I have
tried it with MS mouse, Logitech mouse, two types of thumbpads and all with
the company supplied drivers and with MS drivers. The side scrolling will
work with some webpages and mostly none of them--the html and webdesign has
alot to do with that. Even if you get the speed right on one certain
website, when you try to use side scrolling in applications, such as Word,
it will either not work, be too slow, or be too fast.

The most recent mouse, and worst one I have ever bought, is the Logitech
laser mouse. They are trying to cram all these features onto one little
device as a marketing tool, but they either make the mouse uncomfortable,
cause conflicts, or don't work at all.

Old January 13th 06, 09:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

MShoop wrote on Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:39:14 -0600:

M The most recent mouse, and worst one I have ever bought, is
M the Logitech laser mouse. They are trying to cram all these
M features onto one little device as a marketing tool, but
M they either make the mouse uncomfortable, cause conflicts,
M or don't work at all.
??

IMHO and experience, side-to-side scrolling *does* work with the
Logitech laser mouse but I find the action rather clumsy and
prone to error and seldom, if ever, use it. There are 3 extra
buttons but I don't seem to use them either tho' I have found
that configuring the wheel to work for a double click is useful
since that's where my fingers are positioned.

James Silverton.
Potomac, Maryland.

Logitech MX700 Mouse Rhino General 5 November 18th 05 06:24 AM
On the quest for the perfect mouse Dmitri General 4 October 22nd 05 09:26 PM
Enable/Disable USB mouse in 8KNXP BIOS and graphics tablet Howard Gigabyte Motherboards 3 November 25th 03 06:54 PM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM
PS2 mouse not recognized JMMach General 3 June 28th 03 03:35 AM