3d question

Old December 29th 07, 03:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Draggonfodder

Default 3d question

I have a 3d (edimensional) system for my computer. I am using an FX 5500
card. I had this all working two years ago then I upgraded to XPpro and
after several system crashes later decided I wanted to reinstall my 3d for
gaming. I am using driver 162.50 forceware and 162.50 stereo. I can't find
the page flipping in the advanced settings. It use to be there. Of course
I was using an earlier version that allowed me to chose page flip and would
let me test it on screen. No such controls now in the control panel. Does
anyone use the 3d glasses with Nvidia and could you please walk me through
the set up.

John

Old December 29th 07, 11:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* Draggonfodder:
I have a 3d (edimensional) system for my computer. I am using an FX 5500
card.

It probably would help if you could tell us what really is in your
computer. There is no "FX 5500" but there is a "Geforce FX 5500" and
there is a "Quadro FX 5500", both being totally different beasts.
Providing at least currect and full details is the basic requirement for
obtaining proper help.

Benjamin
Old December 29th 07, 02:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Geoff

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* Draggonfodder:
I have a 3d (edimensional) system for my computer. I am using an FX 5500
card.

It probably would help if you could tell us what really is in your
computer. There is no "FX 5500" but there is a "Geforce FX 5500" and there
is a "Quadro FX 5500", both being totally different beasts. Providing at
least currect and full details is the basic requirement for obtaining
proper help.

Benjamin

http://www.edimensional.com/

i remember mate getting a geforce 2 ultra and they came with a set of those
glass's
never did get em working
they needed slightly custom drivers as i remember

load of rubbish really.....

that geforce 2 ultra still useable today though on my spare gaming pc

Old December 29th 07, 05:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GTS

"Draggonfodder" wrote in message
I have a 3d (edimensional) system for my computer. I am using an FX 5500
card. I had this all working two years ago then I upgraded to XPpro and
after several system crashes later decided I wanted to reinstall my 3d for
gaming. I am using driver 162.50 forceware and 162.50 stereo. I can't
find the page flipping in the advanced settings. It use to be there. Of
course I was using an earlier version that allowed me to chose page flip
and would let me test it on screen. No such controls now in the control
panel. Does anyone use the 3d glasses with Nvidia and could you please
walk me through the set up.

John

I have stuck with the 91.31 drivers & matching stereo drivers on my FX5950
card. For your card I don't think you get any advantage with the 162.50's.
91.31 was the last version that let you choose to use the classic Nvidia
control panel - and the settings you want area available in the classic
view.
You choose page-flip or anaglyph, and the test screen is there.
I think you can hack the registry to get classic view with the newer
drivers, but no idea if you can or how.
GTS

Old December 29th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Draggonfodder

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* Draggonfodder:
I have a 3d (edimensional) system for my computer. I am using an FX 5500
card.

It probably would help if you could tell us what really is in your
computer. There is no "FX 5500" but there is a "Geforce FX 5500" and there
is a "Quadro FX 5500", both being totally different beasts. Providing at
least currect and full details is the basic requirement for obtaining
proper help.

Benjamin

OK, not the best start but here goes.

AMD 3000+
Geoforce FX 5500
Asus A7N8X deluxe
2 gig memory
edimensional glasses
162.50 forceware
162.50 stereo

I have read all the install info from edimensional, and also Nvidia. They
obviously had their engineers/programmers write the books because there
seems to be steps missing. The Nvidia advanced settings use to have a
section where you turned on the 3d and chose the type of glasses then you
could test the setting. In the new control panel you just turn it on. The
test screen looks pretty but does nothing with my glasses. Edimesional says
that if you have an Nvidia card you don't need to install any other
software, Nvidia says that you should install the glasses software. So,
after a week of trying everything both have suggested, I still can't figure
it out.

John (Draggonfodder)

Old December 29th 07, 05:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Draggonfodder

[...]

OK, let me try that, I think I was looking for any that matched and that was
why I ended up with 162.50 set. Maybe I didn't dig far enough. I'll let
you know how it goes. Oh, well. The wife just found me and wants to go
shopping. I guess she doesn't know how important this is. I'll get back
later.

John

Old December 29th 07, 06:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GTS

http://www.edimensional.com/

i remember mate getting a geforce 2 ultra and they came with a set of
those glass's
never did get em working
they needed slightly custom drivers as i remember

load of rubbish really.....

that geforce 2 ultra still useable today though on my spare gaming pc

If you had got them working, you would not have thought they were rubbish!
They don't need custom drivers - Nvidia have always supported 3D stereo
glasses in their drivers, unlike ATI. The page-flipping method is exactly
the same as used in Imax cinema's and an increasing number of regular
cinemas - Beowulf was shown in this way recently at participating cinemas
(using cordless shutter glasses) and several directors like Cameron and
Speilberg have said it 'is the future way ahead".
Anyway with the right game, they blow most people away when you demonstrate
them. The ironic thing is that just as PC's and GPU's got powerfull enough
to run stereo 3D well, the CRT monitor market steeply declined to make way
for LCD monitors. They don't work with LCD screens. My main monitor is a 32"
LCD - but I have kept my 19" CRT as a 2nd monitor just so I can still use my
glasses in the games that work best with them...
GTS

Old December 29th 07, 08:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Geoff

"GTS" wrote in message
[...]

i suppose so
i think you had to run double refresh rate too
120hz = 60hz

dunno why i couldn't get em working, plugged em in etc
tryed a few games
didn't get nothing out of them
they didn't seem hard to make work either

like i say, wasn't mine anyway, so stuff em

Old December 30th 07, 04:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Draggonfodder

"GTS" wrote in message
[...]

I kept my CRT for this also. So, now with my nvidia drivers loaded (didn't
work at first but seems to now) I am getting double image on my screen. So
I excitedly put my glasses on and still double image. I used the control to
widen and shorten the double image and still the same with or without my
glasses. My assuption is that the glasses didn't turn on. I have the wired
version and all is plugged in. I saw something about F5 so tried that to no
avail. Any suggestions.

JOhn

Old December 30th 07, 06:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GTS

I kept my CRT for this also. So, now with my nvidia drivers loaded
(didn't
work at first but seems to now) I am getting double image on my screen.
So I excitedly put my glasses on and still double image. I used the
control to widen and shorten the double image and still the same with or
without my glasses. My assuption is that the glasses didn't turn on. I
have the wired version and all is plugged in. I saw something about F5 so
tried that to no avail. Any suggestions.

JOhn

Usually it is CTRL-T to turn them on....