Replacement Mobo for an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe?

Old March 4th 08, 07:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Warren

Default Replacement Mobo for an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe?

Historically I have built my own rigs, but stupidly bought one from a
big name "gaming rig" company much to my severe disappointment. after
fighting with them over the past 17 months about the quality of the
machine they sold me for too much money (it never worked and still
doesn't) i've given up.

I need to replace the motherboard. it shipped with a "P5N32SLISEDEL"
according to their records which I have a bad feeling the P5N32-SLI SE
Deluxe (not hard to figure out from the description), in which case, no
one has it in stock anywhere and I believe is discontinued..... if it
*is* this MoBo, any ideas what mobo I can use to replace it (same form
factor and hardware support)?. I bet i can at least get the machine to
boot with a new MoBo (I know the SATA controller is shot on the existing
one among other things) and then I can work from there to replace a part
here and a part there until I can get it to run again.

Any assistance would be spectacularly appreciated, I need my gaming rig
back in action before the shakes get too bad....

--
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/ The Sushi FAQ ...((((º
HTTP://www.sushifaq.com/sushiotaku/ The Sushi Otaku Blog

Old March 4th 08, 08:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Warren

wrote:
I saw at least a half dozen of them for sale on eBay.

I've been burned enough on ebay to pretty much avoid it for most things
now, however you may have a point. I may have no choice if I want to
replace with the same MoBo. Thanks.

Old March 4th 08, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Warren wrote:
[...]

If you wanted to pick something different, then your existing hardware
assortment, and some idea of your future plans ("I plan to add a second
video card, for SLI") would be useful info.

Otherwise, just use the Newegg motherboard pages, as there is an
"Advanced" search engine, and you can dial in a few of your requirements
there, to narrow the list.

Paul
Old March 4th 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DevilsPGD[_2_]

In message Warren

I saw at least a half dozen of them for sale on eBay.

I've been burned enough on ebay to pretty much avoid it for most things
now, however you may have a point. I may have no choice if I want to
replace with the same MoBo. Thanks.

Not that my reputation here would be any better then eBay, but there are
a couple of these kicking around at a local refurb store, I could grab
one and ship it out, if you're interested.
Old March 7th 08, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
KlausK

"Warren" wrote in message
Historically I have built my own rigs, but stupidly bought one from a big
name "gaming rig" company much to my severe disappointment. after fighting
with them over the past 17 months about the quality of the machine they
sold me for too much money (it never worked and still doesn't) i've given
up.

I need to replace the motherboard. it shipped with a "P5N32SLISEDEL"
according to their records which I have a bad feeling the P5N32-SLI SE
Deluxe (not hard to figure out from the description), in which case, no
one has it in stock anywhere and I believe is discontinued

Why do you want to get the same mobo model? You could use any other ATX
mobo's.

Old March 8th 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
DevilsPGD[_2_]

In message "KlausK"
wrote:

Why do you want to get the same mobo model? You could use any other ATX
mobo's.

That all depends on your needs. If you've found something you're happy
with, it may be worthwhile investing in similar rather then trying to
find someone else that meets your needs.

If you're planning on moving an existing working system, staying with
the same chipset will greatly simplify the process too.

Personally, I've currently got two P5W DH Deluxes, and am working on a
third, simply because I'm happy with it's performance, and being able to
swap components without having to do any research or other forethought
is hugely beneficial when I am tinkering.