newegg RMA ??

Old June 25th 03, 02:09 AM
Paul \(Erie\)

Default newegg RMA ??

I bought memory at newegg....actually a whole new system, I think the
memory is bad, I want to send back my two memory modulesand get two
replacements of the same kind. From what I read there I can either get a
repair or a refund, no exchanges...and the refund is less 15%....

so is this right that if the memory is whacked I have to pay 15% to get new
memory?

Old June 25th 03, 02:33 AM
Paul \(Erie\)

"John" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 01:09:49 GMT, "Paul \(Erie\)"
wrote:

I bought memory at newegg....actually a whole new system, I think the
memory is bad, I want to send back my two memory modulesand get two
replacements of the same kind. From what I read there I can either get a
repair or a refund, no exchanges...and the refund is less 15%....

so is this right that if the memory is whacked I have to pay 15% to get

new
memory?

Depends on what you mean by whacked memory. If the thing just doesnt
seem to work with your system but seems to work OK in general or not
overclock as much as you like etc then I think they probably will
charge you a 15% restocking fee like everyone else.

If its really bad - pretty unlikely youd get two bad memory modules
but anything is possible then they probably give you two new
replacements free but you still have to pay for shipping.

for me I got a RMA pronto no restocking fee but the shipping is so
high where Im at its really a total waste if I have any problems.

$80 item + $26 or more in shipping.
If I get a bad item I have to pay for shipping back - at least $15-25
then they charge me for shipping the new item - $26.

So Id pay $70-80 for shipping in total.

Well I dont know what module is bad aso I was hoping they would replace
both, Ig et a lot of can not read and can not be written errors.

Old June 25th 03, 02:46 AM
Stacey

Paul (Erie) wrote:

I bought memory at newegg....actually a whole new system, I think the
memory is bad, I want to send back my two memory modulesand get two
replacements of the same kind. From what I read there I can either get a
repair or a refund, no exchanges...and the refund is less 15%....

so is this right that if the memory is whacked I have to pay 15% to get
new memory?

Have you actually contacted them?
--

Stacey
Old June 25th 03, 02:55 AM
Paul \(Erie\)

"Stacey" wrote in message
Paul (Erie) wrote:

I bought memory at newegg....actually a whole new system, I think the
memory is bad, I want to send back my two memory modulesand get two
replacements of the same kind. From what I read there I can either get

repair or a refund, no exchanges...and the refund is less 15%....

so is this right that if the memory is whacked I have to pay 15% to get
new memory?

Have you actually contacted them?
--

Stacey

Not yet they were closed when I called them this evening