video out when playing DVD

Old November 29th 03, 10:04 AM
Max

Default video out when playing DVD

Hi,
I've noticed that is impossible to see dvd by TV out. I have the latest
revision of Ge Force FX drivers for my msi 5200 card.
It is clear why this happens. Hollywood Majors really think to stop dvd
pirate with this bull****??
However, is there any way to bypass this control?
Should I install an oldest version of the driver?
Thanks.

Max

Old November 29th 03, 02:38 PM
John Russell

"Max" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
I've noticed that is impossible to see dvd by TV out. I have the latest
revision of Ge Force FX drivers for my msi 5200 card.
It is clear why this happens. Hollywood Majors really think to stop dvd
pirate with this bull****??
However, is there any way to bypass this control?
Should I install an oldest version of the driver?
Thanks.

Max

The 41.09 drivers where the last to rely on the TV out chip to use
macrovision whe DVD's where played.

Old December 1st 03, 10:47 PM
Alpine

Use AnyDVD from Slysoft (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html) and it will
seem to make Macrovision disappear from your DVDs which will allow you to
view them on your TV.

==================
Due to an excessive amount of spam, if you want to send me an e-mail put
eniplA in the subject if you want me to see it.
==================

.. .

Old December 2nd 03, 12:12 AM
John Russell

"Alpine" wrote in message
Use AnyDVD from Slysoft (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html) and it

will
seem to make Macrovision disappear from your DVDs which will allow you to
view them on your TV.

The problem is that some TV out chips already filter out macrovison. Nvidia
have responded (to pressure?) by modding all drivers after 41.09 to screw up
the troublesome TV out chips when DVD's are played.

Old December 2nd 03, 02:07 AM
Robert Pendell

A combination of AnyDVD by SlySoft and Overlays will fix this problem and
give a very interesting effect.

Follow these steps -- verified working on 45.23 drivers w/ Conexant CX25871
TV Out chipset
1. Download and install AnyDVD by SlySoft
2. Connect the TV
3. Right click on the Nvidia icon in the system tray and select the
appropriate nview mode (clone, horizontal span, etc...). Make sure that the
TV is the secondary screen.
3. Right Click on the desktop and select Properties
4. Go to the Settings tab and click on Advanced
5. Go to the GeForce... tab
6. Go to the Overlay Controls section
7. For Full Screen Device set it to Auto-select

Now when you play any video in an application using overlays, then it will
automatically copy onto the secondary monitor full screen. You don't even
actually have to full screen the application at all. A nice effect is if
you use the visualizations in Winamp, you can get them to copy over to the
TV by setting it up in overlay mode. Read the docs or mess around with it.
I did it once or twice before when checking stuff out. It would look best
on a 60" tv during a party though.

--
Robert Pendell

.. .

Old December 5th 03, 03:46 AM
Alpine

And AnyDVD will make Nvidia's chips think that there isn't any MacroVision
on the DVDs so they will allow the DVD to play at full screen on your 2nd
monitor (at least my GeForce 3, GeForce FX5600 Ultra and GeForce FX5900
allow me to).

==================

Old December 5th 03, 11:07 AM
John Russell

"Alpine" wrote in message
And AnyDVD will make Nvidia's chips think that there isn't any MacroVision
on the DVDs so they will allow the DVD to play at full screen on your 2nd
monitor (at least my GeForce 3, GeForce FX5600 Ultra and GeForce FX5900
allow me to).

You originallly said this would fix the TV out problem. I don't know if it's
the presence of macrovision material and the "faulty" TV out chips together
that triggers Nvidia' drivers. If macrovision free material also gets a
screwed up TV out image then something lese is the trigger.

Old December 7th 03, 08:15 AM
Alpine

Running AnyDVD allows me to watch my MacroVision DVDs in full screen on my
2nd monitor in my office using my FX5900. Running AnyDVD allows me to watch
my MacroVision encoded DVDs in full screen on my 52" Sony HDTV (using SVHS
input) on my PC in my family room using my current FX5600 Ultra and the
GeForce 3 that it replaced. Something I can't do if I don't run AnyDVD
first. I first ran in to the problem when all I had was my GeForce3 after I
installed driver 45.23. Since it was several weeks in between watching DVDs
I didn't correlate the installation of 45.23 with my sudden loss of the
ability to watch DVDs. I did some searching and found pages and pages of
messages from people saying that the problem was due to MacroVision and
Nvidia being forced to incorporate stricter controls in their latest
drivers. A friend turned me on to AnyDVD which acts as a buffer between your
DVD drive and your PC. If the DVD has MacroVision on it, AnyDVD will
intercept it and report to the PC that there isn't MacroVision on the disc.
DVDs without MacroVision can be watched in full screen on both a 2nd monitor
and via the TV out without the use of AnyDVD.

==================

Old December 7th 03, 11:22 AM
John Russell

"Alpine" wrote in message
And AnyDVD will make Nvidia's chips think that there isn't any

MacroVision
on the DVDs so they will allow the DVD to play at full screen on your

2nd
monitor (at least my GeForce 3, GeForce FX5600 Ultra and GeForce

FX5900
allow me to).

You originallly said this would fix the TV out problem. I don't know if

it's
the presence of macrovision material and the "faulty" TV out chips

together
that triggers Nvidia' drivers. If macrovision free material also gets a
screwed up TV out image then something lese is the trigger.

So your confirming the trigger is macrovision, which the software removes!