Fx5900 rocks my world

Old August 12th 03, 02:28 PM
edde

Default Fx5900 rocks my world

My MSI FX5900 has been great too.
100% stable, no problems at all.

Have you ever checked your gpu temp realtime. Maybe run a game in windowed
mode with the temp monitor running beside it. I used to think 56C was the
highest my temps got, but when I did this, I was amazed to see it hit 70C.
It only takes 2 seconds after quitting a game for the temp to drop about
15C.
However, even 70C has been no problem since it's 100% stable. Apparently
even upto 90C is no problem.

"T1000" wrote in message
Just installed my Albatron fx5900 (128meg) and gotta say that this card
absolutely rocks.

A few mates have bought ATI cards from the 9700 all the way through to the
9800pro and have had many varied problems and mixed experiences with

them...
but still scoffed when I told them I went Nvidia again... but in my

opinion
you simply cannot beat nvidia for stability and compatibility.

The card runs sweet at 1280x1024 in Rainbow 6 Raven shield, GTA3 VC,

NOLF2,
Vietcong etc with all the eye-candy on AA etc. It runs 1280 with all the
frills much better than my old GF4 ti4400 ran at 1024 with no AA etc.

The card is nice and cool.. 46c is the hottest it has gotten during a

heavy
3dmark 2001 session for 30 mins.. so tomorrow it will be coolbits and an
overclock to a fx5900 ultra core speed of 450mhz.

The ALbatron is pretty cool as the cooling solution is two large fans
running at low speed which helps keep noise down.. and there are no vents

accentuate the fan noise. There is a 3rd fan that only kicks in when one

of
the others is on the blink.. and it works coz I stopped a fan with my

finger
and the backup kicked in straight away.

The only drama I had was that due to the placement of the molex power
connector on the card, I had to move a HDD down out of the way to make

sure
there was no pressure on the edge of the card.. will need a longer

(probably
rounded) IDE cable to get the job done properly.

THought I'd share.. screw the ATI solution, I remain a dedicated Nvidia
fanboy for another round.