AMR Technology + R520

Old January 31st 05, 03:19 AM
Spooky Neo

Default AMR Technology + R520

Hi guys

Was just wondering what you think about ATI's SLi like technology : AMR. First of all, am I right with that acronym? lol

If I'm right, AMR should be introduced with the new R520 in May or June 2005. I also heard that you won't require same card, model and BIOS as SLi requires. So you would be able to run, for exemple, X700+X850 XT. Actually I know it's not true because these cards doesn't have AMR tech in it.

I guess that AMR will only be available on ATI's chipsets right? We shouldn't be able to use them on a NVidia's SLi chipset. Any words on that chipset yet?

And what about the new R520? Any words about it? As I read (long time before), this videocard would kick everyone ass.

This is not really a thread about questions and everything. Just talking about upcoming ATI's beauty and everything

Cheers,

Neo

Old February 2nd 05, 04:11 AM
First of One

Whatever it turns out to be, I just hope ATi's dual-card technology is more
generic to all the games than nVidia's. It's a little-known fact that, in
order for nVidia SLI to work, the drivers must have be programmed to support
each specific game. If your game is not one of the 15 listed he
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_sli_scalableapps.html , then the 2nd card
sits idle.

Amazing, isn't it? For some products like the Gigabyte 6600GT 3D1, their
entire appeal is based on a sparse lineup of 15 games...