9600Pro & Dawn Demo problem...

Old September 29th 03, 12:35 PM
Richard

Default 9600Pro & Dawn Demo problem...

Hi All!
Just went to try out the Dawn Demo, with my new ATI 9600Pro 128Mb DDR
card...
I've downloaded the wrapper (I tried several variants)...
I plonk the opengl32.dll file in the /bin directory of the demo...
Run the demo - and I get:

"This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run.
Unsupported features:
NV_point_sprite"

Is it just my card? Are there any tips to getting it working?

Everything else runs nicely - all the ATI demos, the Code Creatures
demo...

Cheers,
Richard

Old September 29th 03, 12:43 PM
Ben Pope

Richard wrote:
Hi All!
Just went to try out the Dawn Demo, with my new ATI 9600Pro 128Mb DDR
card...
I've downloaded the wrapper (I tried several variants)...
I plonk the opengl32.dll file in the /bin directory of the demo...
Run the demo - and I get:

"This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run.
Unsupported features:
NV_point_sprite"

If you're using CAT 3.7, you'll need the OpenGL driver (atioglxx.dll) from
CAT 3.6 in the bin directory too.

Ben

Old September 29th 03, 06:14 PM
Shawk

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi All!
Just went to try out the Dawn Demo, with my new ATI 9600Pro 128Mb DDR
card...
I've downloaded the wrapper (I tried several variants)...
I plonk the opengl32.dll file in the /bin directory of the demo...
Run the demo - and I get:

"This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run.
Unsupported features:
NV_point_sprite"

Is it just my card? Are there any tips to getting it working?

Everything else runs nicely - all the ATI demos, the Code Creatures
demo...

Cheers,
Richard

I have the same card and cant get it working with 3.7 drivers but can with
3.6 - which one do you have? Shawk.

Old September 29th 03, 10:49 PM
Ben Pope

Richard wrote:
Hi All!
Just went to try out the Dawn Demo, with my new ATI 9600Pro 128Mb DDR
card...
I've downloaded the wrapper (I tried several variants)...
I plonk the opengl32.dll file in the /bin directory of the demo...
Run the demo - and I get:

"This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run.
Unsupported features:
NV_point_sprite"

Is it just my card? Are there any tips to getting it working?

Everything else runs nicely - all the ATI demos, the Code Creatures
demo...

I thought I'd replied to this, but it isn't here...

It doesn't work with CAT 3.7, but if you stick the OpenGL driver
(atioglxx.dll) from 3.6 into the bin directory you should be ok.

Ben

Old September 29th 03, 11:11 PM
Richard

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:14:58 +0000 (UTC), "Shawk"
wrote:

I have the same card and cant get it working with 3.7 drivers but can with
3.6 - which one do you have? Shawk.

Yeah - I've got 3.7 - I'll grab the 3.6 drivers and see if it makes a
difference!
Cheers,
Richard

Old September 29th 03, 11:18 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

I got it running with the 3.5 drivers.

Not 3.6 or 3.7

Old September 29th 03, 11:19 PM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Nope tried that did not work with the 3.7 drivers, needed a full
reinstall of 3.5 drivers, for some reason.

Old September 29th 03, 11:23 PM
Ben Pope

We Live For The One We Die For The One wrote:
Nope tried that did not work with the 3.7 drivers, needed a full
reinstall of 3.5 drivers, for some reason.

Weird... works for me.

Ben

Old September 30th 03, 01:00 AM
Richard Stewart

wrote:

I have the same card and cant get it working with 3.7 drivers but can with
3.6 - which one do you have? Shawk.

Yeah - I've got 3.7 - I'll grab the 3.6 drivers and see if it makes a
difference!
Cheers,
Richard

Fixed it!
Thanks for that... downgraded from 3.7 to 3.6, and now it works...
As soon as I get sick of the demo, I upgrade again...

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Richard

Old September 30th 03, 01:45 AM
Ben Pope

Richard Stewart wrote:
Fixed it!
Thanks for that... downgraded from 3.7 to 3.6, and now it works...
As soon as I get sick of the demo, I upgrade again...

Stick the atioglxx.dll into the demo bin directory and upgrade. Best of
both worlds.

Ben

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 06:45 AM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
Can't Run Dawn Demo with 3.7? Porcupuff Ati Videocards 7 September 14th 03 10:26 PM
Call of Duty Demo and 9600pro Ron Joiner Ati Videocards 8 September 13th 03 07:11 PM
Nvidia Dawn demo on ATI Dr Richard Cranium Ati Videocards 8 July 26th 03 10:34 PM