RMA

Old August 26th 03, 02:22 AM
bbunny

Default RMA

What would be the time frame with ATI and their RMA
facilities? I had an 8500 128mb retail built by ATI take
a dump on me this morning. It won't even post on any
of 3 boxes.
TIA
Tampa Bay

Old August 26th 03, 09:55 AM
J.Clarke

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:21:12 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

I guess that depends on when you bought it and the warranty, on that
particular card.

Now why would that have an effect on the turnaround time for a
replacement?

-
bbunny stood up at show-n-tell, in

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old August 26th 03, 04:51 PM
Kent_Diego

I had an ATI RMA take about three weeks.

-Kent

Old August 26th 03, 08:06 PM
Lee

I have also had to RMA a 8500 64mb built by ATI and i got a replacement back
in around 2-3 week.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:22:58 GMT, "bbunny" put his keys in
ignition and wrote:

||What would be the time frame with ATI and their RMA
||facilities? I had an 8500 128mb retail built by ATI take
||a dump on me this morning. It won't even post on any
||of 3 boxes.
||TIA
||Tampa Bay

---
Lee.
Old August 27th 03, 03:25 AM
Strontium

It has everything to do with the turnaround time. If OP is out of the
warranty time-frame, the turnaround time will be 'forever' because it will
'not' be replaced?

I just decided to look up ATI's warranty policy for retail cards. Anything
newer than a 7000 has a 3yr warranty. Now, had I known that information
prior to replying, I would not have replied at all as I have never used
their warranty service. However, that does not mean my reply was irrelevant
to the subject of the post.

-
J.Clarke stood up at show-n-tell, in

Old August 27th 03, 11:30 PM
J.Clarke

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:53:26 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

I'm not going to engage in an argument, about cemantics, with you. I
was, strictly, referring to 'replacement' of said card.

What is "cemantics"? A Masonic comedy troupe?

snip

Old August 28th 03, 12:53 AM
Strontium

I'm not going to engage in an argument, about cemantics, with you. I was,
strictly, referring to 'replacement' of said card.

-
J.Clarke stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:25:29 -0500
"Strontium" wrote:

It has everything to do with the turnaround time. If OP is out of
the warranty time-frame, the turnaround time will be 'forever'
because it will'not' be replaced?

And you are absolutely certain that ATI will not repair it for a fee?
And generally refusing to issue an RMA is not considered to be
"infinite turnaround time" it is considered to be "refusing to repair
an out of warranty part".