Whats a good CPU cooler for my A7v266-e and an Athlon xp 2000 ?

Old July 6th 03, 06:32 AM
Paul P Mathews

Default Whats a good CPU cooler for my A7v266-e and an Athlon xp 2000 ?

Has to be quiet.

Was thinking of just putting a papast fan on it.

Old July 6th 03, 06:42 AM
RD

Hi Paul,
"Paul P Mathews" wrote in message
news

Has to be quiet.

Was thinking of just putting a papast fan on it.

I just got a coolermaster Aero7 to replace a Volcano7+:-)
Hellava diff, temps are up to 18C lower under full load and its fan can be
adjusted via a contol that goes in a 3.5 slot or a card slot.. its a good
bit of kit IMO:-)
RD

Old July 6th 03, 12:06 PM
Bugsy

The AERO 7+ is the winner here.
At a fan speed of about 2,000 RPM it cools my XP2700 OC to 400FSB and
2200MHz to no more than 107 F running Prime 95 for 12 hours.
I can't say enough good things about this cooler.

Bugs
"Gameł" wrote in message
Paul P Mathews typed:

Has to be quiet.

Was thinking of just putting a papast fan on it.

If you want a top-of-the-line HSF, go on and buy a Thermalright SLK800.
You can find information plus a guide to installation and a motherboard
compatibility list he
www.thermalright.com
Bye.
--
Preferirei essere chiamato genio di male...

Old July 6th 03, 02:25 PM
Gameł

Sascha Haupt typed:

i use a Volcano 11 with a Athlon XP 2800+ but it is very loud. So don't
buy this one.

Have you tried to use it in conjuction with a rheostat?
This way, you can select the speed of the fan and it won't be noisy anymore.
Bye.

--
Preferirei essere chiamato genio di male...

Old July 7th 03, 04:10 AM
Paul P Mathews

Would love to put in on my board an A7v266-e with raid, but no idea if
it would fit.