Cd-r rated write 1X to 16X- I use cd-r Mitsumi burner 24X to make cd audio

Old December 7th 03, 07:23 PM
Bun Mui

Default Cd-r rated write 1X to 16X- I use cd-r Mitsumi burner 24X to make cd audio

I have cd-r rated write 1X to 16X.

I use cd-r Mitsumi burner at 24X to make cd audio.

I can still use cd audio player to play the cd-r audio disk after burning.

The cd-r audio seems ok when listening to it.

Should I burn it at lower speed? Will it make any difference in sound
quality or not? What speed should be the best to burn it at for optimum sound
quality?

I am using Easy Cd Creator.

TIA

Bun Mui
Old December 8th 03, 02:40 AM
Tim Kroesen

I would stay at 16x or below for audio; at very least it prevents the
micro-gap caused when whatever buffer under-run protection that drive
uses kicks in as the drive 'shifts gears' past 16x. As your drive is
an older 24x model this gap may be more significant as the drive likely
uses the more inferior first generation write resume tech...

The real issue is error rate; how low can you go at whatever speed suits
the particular drive/media combination best, and proven playability
across as wide a device spectrum as possible.

Tim K

om...

Old December 8th 03, 04:50 AM
Mike Richter

Tim Kroesen wrote:
I would stay at 16x or below for audio; at very least it prevents the
micro-gap caused when whatever buffer under-run protection that drive
uses kicks in as the drive 'shifts gears' past 16x. As your drive is
an older 24x model this gap may be more significant as the drive likely
uses the more inferior first generation write resume tech...

The real issue is error rate; how low can you go at whatever speed suits
the particular drive/media combination best, and proven playability
across as wide a device spectrum as possible.

To which I add the reminder: If it works, don't fix it.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/