CW-7502 - Matsu****a/Panasonic 8x Read / 4X Write - SCSI CD-R Burner

Old November 20th 03, 09:23 AM
Yann

Default CW-7502 - Matsu****a/Panasonic 8x Read / 4X Write - SCSI CD-R Burner

Hi everyone,

I have this old drive, but it seems to be able to write only 74Mn - 650Mb
Cd-r.
Some forums said that it's posible to flash the drive with the version 1.10,
2.10, 3.10
or 4.10 to burn cd's until 80Mn - 700Mb.

Someone can explain me the differences between these 4 differents firmwares
?
Does theses firmwares able to really make cd's until 700 Mb ?
Whitch driver i need for my drive ?

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry for my poor english.

Old November 20th 03, 03:48 PM
Hellraiser

"Yann" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have this old drive, but it seems to be able to write only 74Mn - 650Mb
Cd-r.
Some forums said that it's posible to flash the drive with the version

1.10,
2.10, 3.10
or 4.10 to burn cd's until 80Mn - 700Mb.

Someone can explain me the differences between these 4 differents

firmwares
?
Does theses firmwares able to really make cd's until 700 Mb ?
Whitch driver i need for my drive ?

The CW7502 can burn 80 minute CDRs. Make a note of the firmware you
currently have (1.xx, 3.xx or 4.xx) and download the latest version (i.e. if
you have 4.10 then 4.17 would be the one to upgrade to). Do NOT try to flash
a 1.xx with a 3.xx firmware or any other combination, it will destroy the
drive.

Hellraiser.........

Old November 25th 03, 02:32 AM
Brian Hillegass

"Hellraiser" scribbled in
:

"Yann" wrote in message
[...]

I never had any success using this drive for 80 minute DATA CDs, with
any firmware version. Audio CDs would be fine, but there's always an
unrecoverable error around the 75 minute mark (I don't remember the
exact position). Of course it's a non-factor for audio since the
drive will extrapolate around it, but it's a killer on a data file
that's in that position.

--
Brian
(ditch underscore and spam to reply)

Harddisks: Seek, Read, Write, Read, Write, Slow ? Marc de Vries General 7 July 26th 04 02:57 AM
Question about transfer speeds between HDs, and DMA mode ZigZag Master Overclocking AMD Processors 25 July 25th 04 09:56 PM
read is ok but not write jeh Cdr 1 October 5th 03 09:24 PM
Maximum Read Speed/Current Read Speed Difference mark24951 Cdr 2 July 30th 03 04:42 AM