90nm work on all 939 boards

Old February 20th 05, 08:44 PM
Christo

Default 90nm work on all 939 boards

god damn i didnt think there would be this much crap to think up when
planning a 64 build, tis my first real one with PCI-E and what not anyhow

looking at an AMD 3200+ 64 (90nm) socket 939 processor and a Gigabyte K8NF-9
just checked gigabyte website and a list of supported processors brings up a
list, i think great, but they are all 130nm

here is the list

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard..._GA-K8NF-9.htm

so my query is that the processor im looking at a 3200+ 64 socket 939
winchester with 90nm will it fit on the gigabyte K8NF-9 board which is a
socket 939 board and will it work on that board

or does the nm not particularly matter?

cheers

Christo

Old February 20th 05, 09:02 PM

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:44:46 -0000, "Christo"
wrote:

god damn i didnt think there would be this much crap to think up when
planning a 64 build, tis my first real one with PCI-E and what not anyhow

looking at an AMD 3200+ 64 (90nm) socket 939 processor and a Gigabyte K8NF-9
just checked gigabyte website and a list of supported processors brings up a
list, i think great, but they are all 130nm

here is the list

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard..._GA-K8NF-9.htm

so my query is that the processor im looking at a 3200+ 64 socket 939
winchester with 90nm will it fit on the gigabyte K8NF-9 board which is a
socket 939 board and will it work on that board

or does the nm not particularly matter?

Nope.

Its not really that hard. You have an Ultra nforce4 chips board I
think. Just choose the mem and video card.

Old February 20th 05, 11:02 PM
Christo

wrote:

god damn i didnt think there would be this much crap to think up when
planning a 64 build, tis my first real one with PCI-E and what not anyhow

looking at an AMD 3200+ 64 (90nm) socket 939 processor and a Gigabyte
K8NF-9
just checked gigabyte website and a list of supported processors brings up
list, i think great, but they are all 130nm

here is the list

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard..._GA-K8NF-9.htm

so my query is that the processor im looking at a 3200+ 64 socket 939
winchester with 90nm will it fit on the gigabyte K8NF-9 board which is a
socket 939 board and will it work on that board

or does the nm not particularly matter?

Nope.

Its not really that hard. You have an Ultra nforce4 chips board I
think. Just choose the mem and video card.

cheers, you answered alotta my queries lately

thanks

Old February 22nd 05, 06:27 PM
Christo

wrote:

god damn i didnt think there would be this much crap to think up when
planning a 64 build, tis my first real one with PCI-E and what not anyhow

looking at an AMD 3200+ 64 (90nm) socket 939 processor and a Gigabyte
K8NF-9
just checked gigabyte website and a list of supported processors brings up
list, i think great, but they are all 130nm

here is the list

http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard..._GA-K8NF-9.htm

so my query is that the processor im looking at a 3200+ 64 socket 939
winchester with 90nm will it fit on the gigabyte K8NF-9 board which is a
socket 939 board and will it work on that board

or does the nm not particularly matter?

Nope.

sorry to have to double check this, is that nope it wont work on that board
or is it Nope it doesnt matter? its just on the gigabyte website the K8NF-9
board has been tested and the comptability only shows 130nm processors, just
to clarify will the 90nm procesor work on that board definately?

Old February 22nd 05, 07:07 PM

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:27:00 -0000, "Christo"
wrote:

sorry to have to double check this, is that nope it wont work on that board
or is it Nope it doesnt matter? its just on the gigabyte website the K8NF-9
board has been tested and the comptability only shows 130nm processors, just
to clarify will the 90nm procesor work on that board definately?

I assume it does since I havent heard otherwise and if 939 boards only
worked with 130 nm 939s it would be all over the place.

Anyway heres an example - Anandtech picks that board as a "midrange"
choice (below SLI) and a 90nm 939 processor to go along with it.

http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2324&p=2

And I see all the 939 boards selling with a range of choices - 130 and
90 nm 939 chips - I think they would say something if there was a
general problem.

Hey if you hear otherwise look into it. A lot of these new boards may
have weird bugs that only you a buyer may bother to look into but I
havent heard anything in general about 90nm not working with various
939 boards at all. Ive got to go now.

Old February 22nd 05, 10:02 PM
Christo

news
wrote:

[...]

nice one mate cheers for the help, appreciate it :-) can now go and buy it
all

Old February 23rd 05, 08:18 AM

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:02:05 -0000, "Christo"
wrote:

nice one mate cheers for the help, appreciate it :-) can now go and buy it
all

You should always check the newsgroup of your motherboard. Youre goign
to get the best information there about it. Someone with that board
asks the same question in regards to some problem he was having. And
he comes to the conclusion its not an issue. And another post says
they are using the 90nm with the board.

A guy I know did tell me though that SOME boards need a bios update to
handle the 90nms he mentioned an Abit board so I guess some boards do
have issues.