NEW AM2 system build help needed.

Old June 10th 06, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Default NEW AM2 system build help needed.

NEW AM2 system build help needed.

Just want to build me a new PC to replace my Barton system. So the
improvment in speed should be pretty massive

I want to use the system just for games and video Encoding.

I have no idea what Mobo,ram ect i want or need. I was thinking
atleast 2 gigs of ram and a 7900 GT. And possibly 2 250gig SATA
drives in raid 0 Config.

But the rest i have no idea.

Just need some help.

My Budget is 1500 Bucks Australian

Thanks.

Old June 11th 06, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Home Theatre Guy wrote in message

NEW AM2 system build help needed.

Just want to build me a new PC to replace my Barton system. So
the
improvment in speed should be pretty massive

I want to use the system just for games and video Encoding.

I have no idea what Mobo,ram ect i want or need. I was thinking
atleast 2 gigs of ram and a 7900 GT. And possibly 2 250gig SATA
drives in raid 0 Config.

But the rest i have no idea.

Just need some help.

My Budget is 1500 Bucks Australian

Thanks.

I'm this building now:

Antec case: SLK 1650B 64.95

M/B: Asus A8N-E 104.95

Antec 550w SmartPower 69.92

CPU: AMD 4200 DUAL 359.95

CD & DVD Drive: Lite-On 52x32x52,

16x DVD ROM. Model,

SOHC-5236V06C 44.95

2 - 3" fan Thermaltake 11.95

Cousair Ram 2 1gig sticks (2 meg) 225.95

Display: Sony LCD TV - KDL-V32XBR1

WD80 8Meg 7200 54.95

Logitech MX3000 wireles K'bd/Mouse 79.95

Saitek Flightstick X52 100.00

ASUS XFX 7900GT 256 298.95

Sub-Total $ 1416.47 (USA)