Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update)

Old November 17th 05, 06:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Default Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update)

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:02:08 -0700, Class_Action
wrote:

It is clearly an indication that there is no such thing as a
"Dell low mic volume problem". Rather, there is a "Windows
users don't know how to adjust windows settings, including
MIC volume, problem."

How about an O/S incompatibility or conflict?

How about it?
Did you do any research on this?
If that is true, it would not be a "Dell specific" issue, it
would effect all users of same sound card (which is not Dell
proprietary to this extent) with same driver and OS.

Did you try a newer sound card driver?
You don't want to fix this, IMO, you want to find some angle
to cheat Dell out of a new computer instead of a $9 sound
card.

IF you really wanted this problem fixed, it would be working
by now. Any competent shop could get your system working.
For all we know, Dell tech support might even be able to, if
it were someone else they were talking to, but they can only
go by the information you provide, which is that you have to
eat a microphone. I hope you have condiments.

I want Dell to fix the problem in my $1500 machine! Now they are
saying it is an O/S incompatibility with the onboard sound and I
should do a PC Restore. Hello? It is still using the system that
shipped with it. XP SP2. If it's incompatible, then this problem
existed from the factory.

That cannot be deterimined because you have not returned the
system to a factory state, and we can't even be sure if you
have hooked it up properly. For all we know you could have
a mic cord that the vacuume cleaner has ran over 40 times
and it's damaged. No amount of chatting with a dell tech
about widows sliders will fix that, but the key here is that
you are not following a systematic troubleshooting method.

A Dell tech wanted to reinstall the multimedia part of xp. When I
asked why, the Dell tech said there's possible conflict.

That's a polite way of them saying "you've probably screwed
up your system by changing, installing or uninstalling
something." Users get defensive when they break a system,
nevermind why, it's a known fact that you can put a working
system in front of a user, have them *use* it for a period
of time, and then it won't work right for various reasons
because of their use. Return system to same state it was in
before they ever touched it, and voilą, it works again.

Sometimes it's possible to put blame on windows, but then
you did buy a box with windows on it,

I asked
why then Dell shipped out systems with possible -- known --
conflict.

Would you rather that they, at this point, told you that
their former statement was basically a lie to stroke your
ego?

What kind of resolution did you hope to get out of this?
Is the system still under warranty?

I'd have thought that if you were really interested in a
solution then you would've had a dialog with Dell something
like "I did the system restore and the MIC isn't working
still, the mic or soundcard needs replaced, which will you
be sending out first?"

Truth is, they'd probably have been glad to send out one or
both of these parts if they thought it would fix things, but
apparently per the tech's converstations with you, there are
still things you need to do to the system before it can be
concluded that mic or sound card replacement is warranted.
Old November 17th 05, 09:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

kony wrote:

Class_Action wrote:

kony wrote:

It is clearly an indication that there is no such thing as a
"Dell low mic volume problem".

Don't you see these as the low mic volume problem?

No, I see you only repeating the same thing over and over
again and not making any reasonable attempt to do anything
more than listen to a Dell tech's instructions.

Do you see any Dell Tech instructions in these?

if this mic is more than 6 or 8 inches from my mouth
at normal speaking levels, it barely picks up my voice.

the mic does not pick up my voice unless I put it
right up on my mouth.

I have to yell into my Dell provided microphone for anyone to hear
me

I seem to be unable to record anything with a microphone from SB.
Only when I shout really hard I get a fuzzy little noise recorded

I discovered that using the creative sound recorder I had to put
the record level on max, select +20% gain in the mixer and put the
mic 3 inches from my mouth or else it wouldnt pick up what i said.

I don't want to -eat- this microphone!!!!

I have my mic volume all the way up, the booster on, and its still
way too quiet. I had to practically put the mic in my mouth.

When I plugged a mic into the front panel, the volume is so low
that you have to scream.

Do you know a way to record an outgoing message without "eating"
the microphone?

I have to scream into the microphone

Old November 17th 05, 09:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

--------------------
kony wrote:
Class_Action wrote:
kony wrote:

It is clearly an indication that there is no such thing as a
"Dell low mic volume problem".

Don't you see these as the low mic volume problem?

if this mic is more than 6 or 8 inches from my mouth
at normal speaking levels, it barely picks up my voice.

the mic does not pick up my voice unless I put it
right up on my mouth.

This is why you don't have a working system, because you
simply ignore everything and just repeat same thing over and
over.

What's ignored?
What's repeated over and over?

--------------------
kony wrote:
Class_Action wrote:
kony wrote:

It is clearly an indication that there is no such thing as a
"Dell low mic volume problem".

Don't you see these as the low mic volume problem?

I have to yell into my Dell provided microphone for anyone to hear
me

Then maybe you should fix the problem, then you wont have to
do that. Restore system to a known state and check the
things I'd written but you snipped out.

Fix what problem when you don't see the problem?

Do you see the problem CLEARLY now?

--------------------
kony wrote:
Class_Action wrote:
kony wrote:

It is clearly an indication that there is no such thing as a
"Dell low mic volume problem".

Don't you see these as the low mic volume problem?

I have to scream into the microphone

You don't say?

Shove it up your asshole?

Old November 17th 05, 09:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

kony wrote:

Class_Action wrote:

kony wrote:

You have no idea what in the world you're talking about.

Dell has used MANY different platforms in that period of
time.

So? Is that the cause of low mic volume problem?

Rather, there is a "Windows users don't know how to adjust windows
settings, including MIC volume, problem."

If the problem is Windows settings adjustment, why then Dell Techs
advise these?

Dell tech support insisted I reformat my hard disk and reinstall
everything.

and did you?

Reformat hard disk to adjust Windows settings?

Old November 17th 05, 09:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

kony wrote:

Class_Action wrote:

kony wrote:

[...]

It's Dell who said there's OS/soundcard incompatibility. Yet Dell
ships out systems with known incompatibility *without* fixes!

Would that incompatibility be fixed by PC Restore?

snip rest of garbage

Old November 17th 05, 11:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Class_Action wrote:

Drivel Snipped

Congrats...You know how to copy and paste. I'm very impressed.

Bob
Old November 18th 05, 12:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:39:24 -0700, Class_Action
wrote:

No, I see you only repeating the same thing over and over
again and not making any reasonable attempt to do anything
more than listen to a Dell tech's instructions.

Do you see any Dell Tech instructions in these?

Do you see that everything you write is only evidence that
instead of following their instructions you're just wasting
time repeating same thing over and over again?

I have to scream into the microphone

Maybe you sounded like a broken record so it just started
ignoring you?
Old November 18th 05, 12:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:41:15 -0700, Class_Action
wrote:

Dell tech support insisted I reformat my hard disk and reinstall
everything.

and did you?

Reformat hard disk to adjust Windows settings?

Are you stupid?

The question was pretty easy to understand.

You have no desire to fix any problem, you're just trolling.
Old November 18th 05, 12:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:42:23 -0700, Class_Action
wrote:

It's Dell who said there's OS/soundcard incompatibility.

They made a passing remark, because it was less offensive
than telling you that the system needs wiped to return it
to the state it was in before you came in contact with it.

Yet Dell ships out systems with known incompatibility *without* fixes!

No, that is your illogical conclusion.

Would that incompatibility be fixed by PC Restore?

You mean the one that may not exist except inside your
imagination?
Old November 18th 05, 03:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

kony wrote:

Class_Action wrote:

kony wrote:

[...]

Do you see any instructions in these?