How good is the 17" Analog Flat Panel monitor?

Old December 12th 05, 02:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default How good is the 17" Analog Flat Panel monitor?

the model 173fp is just fine for everything if you run it at the native
resolution 1280 and dont try to switch it lower. i sell a ton of them
all the time, as also the 193fp.

DaveJohnson12@nospam. wrote:
It's a free upgrade with the Dimension E510. Model number E173FP. I've never
seen it anywhere.

I just want to know if text is clear and pictures and video look decent or any
other comments.

Thanks.

Old December 12th 05, 04:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

i believe 1024x768 should also work clearly.
I dont think the text is too small at 1280.
all my screens are 1280.
you'll see...

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:18:42 -0500, Jay B wrote:

the model 173fp is just fine for everything if you run it at the native
resolution 1280 and dont try to switch it lower. i sell a ton of them
all the time, as also the 193fp.

Is the text not too small at that resolution? It seems high for a monitor that
size. I think 1024 x768 is too high for a 17" CRT though the place where I work
has most of them at this setting. I think it's mainly because a lot of software
needs at least that resolution.