Can I get the XP Operating System CD with an E510 Dimension?

Old December 12th 05, 12:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Can I get the XP Operating System CD with an E510 Dimension?

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote in message
This model is only offered by the Home and Home Office divission.

I don't think they offer the CD on the web site.
Can I get a salesperson to add it?

Thanks.

If you call the order in, yes. In fact, if you negotiate you might be able
to get them to toss it in free. It's not unreasonable to say that you only
want the machine if you can get the OS CD.....imo.

Stew

Old December 12th 05, 01:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

S.Lewis wrote:

If you call the order in, yes. In fact, if you negotiate you might be able
to get them to toss it in free. It's not unreasonable to say that you only
want the machine if you can get the OS CD.....imo.

Or just wait until you receive it and let them know you want it. I've
done this and gotten the CDs for free.

BTW, you might want to check out the Dimensions on the Small Business
side and compare them to the Home side. The customer services is, IME,
much better.

Bob