which geforce4 mx440?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 29th 05, 11:21 PM
Quartz

Default which geforce4 mx440?

I'm throwing together another pc for an old game (the only requirements
this game really has is that it needs opengl and 64mb of video memory)
and possibly some photoshop work.

in my assorted crap pile I have 3 old nvidia cards I think will fit the
bill: can anyone tell me the differences between these and which is the
best choice?

(these are all geforce 4 mx440 agp)

1) p/n 064-a4-nv69-t6 (64mb vga/svid)
2) p/n 6002191 (128m vga/svid)
3) p/n 064-a4-nv72-a (64mb dual vga)

now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the SE series cards are lower end
compared to their un-lettered siblings, right? so that means that card
#2 doesn't just have more ram, but is also somehow better/faster than
#1? or are they basically the same?

card #3 appears to be a twin-dsub version of #1... how does this work?
is the memory shared between them or does each port have its own
separate 64m? is it really a two-screen card, or does it just do
mirroring or something? (I don't have a 2nd monitor to test it with
right now)

I'm assuming that the choice is between #2 and #3, but I can't seem to
find much (if any) info on these cards online, so I'm having trouble
figuring anything out. if anyone can shed any light on this for me, I'd
greatly appreciate it

____
- Quartz -
there are 10 types of people in the world: those who get this joke, and
those who don't.