FarCry Demo and Prince of Persia Demo

Old October 20th 04, 12:06 PM
Michael Fritz

Default FarCry Demo and Prince of Persia Demo

Hi,

after installing a new WinXP OS, I tried to get FarCry Demo and Price of
Persia Demo to run. FC randomly crashes with a Fatal Exception and Prince
of Persia even freezed my system.

Sometimes when playing with Tribes Venegeance Demo (single and multiplayer)
I get an error in DirectX reported from a small M$ dialog windows which
allows me to send this report to M$.

Afterwards *no* other games are able to start. All of them quit with a
DirectX error.

I'm using XPpro (new installation!), SP2, DirectX 9.0c (from SP2), the
newest Catalyst drivers V4.10 (already tried V4.9) on my Asus X800pro.
Soundcard: Creative Audigy with newest drviers.

I already deactivated the Norton AV during gameplay but no success either.

I'm clueless right now. SP2 cannot be deinstalled as it was slipstreamed
into the Windows XP installation files.

Before buying my new Assus X800pro I had an old GeForce 2 TI which ran
perfectly. I never had such problems playing games so far...

--
cu,
Michael
Old October 20th 04, 12:15 PM
Sleepy

"Michael Fritz" wrote in message
[...]

Have you installed up-to-date drivers for your motherboard and soundcard
from the manufacturers rather than Microsofts drivers ?

Old October 20th 04, 02:05 PM
Michael Fritz

"Sleepy" wrote in message
. uk:

Have you installed up-to-date drivers for your motherboard and soundcard
from the manufacturers rather than Microsofts drivers ?

Yes I did - at least I hope so. But I will do a last check...

--
cu,
Michael
Old October 20th 04, 09:26 PM
Matt

"Michael Fritz" wrote in message
"Sleepy" wrote in message
. uk:

Have you installed up-to-date drivers for your motherboard and soundcard
from the manufacturers rather than Microsofts drivers ?

Yes I did - at least I hope so. But I will do a last check...

did you run one of those driver cleaner apps to make sure none of your old
GeForce 2 TI drivers were lingering around?

Old October 21st 04, 09:27 AM
Michael Fritz

"Matt" wrote in message :

did you run one of those driver cleaner apps to make sure none of your old
GeForce 2 TI drivers were lingering around?

I even did a new install of WinXPpro with SP2!

--
cu,
Michael
Old October 21st 04, 12:17 AM
Geoff

Michael Fritz wrote:
"Sleepy" wrote in message
. uk:

Have you installed up-to-date drivers for your motherboard and
soundcard from the manufacturers rather than Microsofts drivers ?

Yes I did - at least I hope so. But I will do a last check...

what power supply do you have methinks you need a new/better one

Old October 21st 04, 09:26 AM
Michael Fritz

"Geoff" wrote in message :

what power supply do you have methinks you need a new/better one

About 480W - I think this is enough power to get this card running.

--
cu,
Michael
Old October 21st 04, 09:28 AM
Michael Fritz

"Michael Fritz" wrote in message :

Meanwhile I removed the WindowsXP/SP2 installation and replaced it with a
XP/SP1 installation - but did not change anything. After the loading
sequence (the progress bar reaches almost the end) the game crashes
again...

--
cu,
Michael