ASUS P4C800-E Dlx, P4C 2.8GHz with Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu in a Lian-Li Mid Tower

Old September 29th 03, 10:28 AM
uncooked meat prior to state vector collapse

Default ASUS P4C800-E Dlx, P4C 2.8GHz with Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu in a Lian-Li Mid Tower

While buying a new CDR/W drive today, I saw the Zalman staring at me from a
display case behind the counter...Snatched it up and got a tube of Arctic
Silver 3 to go with.

Anyone curious about how well the Zalman will fit on an ASUS P4C800-E Dlx in
a mid-size Lian-Li Aluminum tower rest assured it is a very accomodating
setup. Easier to install the Zalman if you have a second set of hands to
hold up the clip supports while you place the bolts in.

Here are the results

Stock Intel HSF (205FSB 2.95GHz) -
Fan Speed 2766 RPM
Idle CPU 33C
SETI CPU 49C

Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu (200FSB 2.80GHz) -
Fan on LOW 1394 RPM
Idle CPU 28C
SETI CPU 41C

Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu (220FSB 3.08GHz) -
Fan on HIGH 2450 RPM
Idle CPU 28C
SETI CPU 39C

Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu (230FSB 3.22GHz) -
Fan on HIGH 2450 RPM
Idle CPU 29C
SETI CPU 41C

There is no audible difference between high and low fan speed on the Zalman
in my system, partly because it is quiet at either speed, and partly because
I have one loud HDD. Also, the numbers would indicate the Zalman works just
as effectively no matter what I crank the CPU to. I was unable to load WXP
with the CPU at 3.3GHz and 5/4 mem timings, which I believe is a problem
related to memory. Only new memory will tell. In the meantime, system
running great so far @3.22GHz and 1/1 memory timings. Happy O/Cing!